CONSOILDATION MAPPING

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
chakry2k1

CONSOILDATION MAPPING

Post by chakry2k1 »

HI GURU!

plz, can anyone explain me abt the consoildation mapping...
eg: company 01 have the 7 segments and 02 have the 5 segements, and using different structure and currency.
prabhakar

Post by prabhakar »

Hi,
THis consolidation applies for only companies which has 3 Cs different
The subsidiary SOBs has to be mapped to the parent SOB in case if we have more than one SOB.
THe consolidation workbench process will drive these process.
Thanks in Advance
Prabhakaran.R
chakry2k1

Post by chakry2k1 »

hi, prabhakar
what u have replied is correct.but my question is who we gone map the subsidaiary to parent sob....eg:
parent sob 7segment structure usd currency jan to dec cal
sub 01 4 segements structure ind currency apr to mar
sub02 3 segements structure aud currency sep to aug

i need how we gone map and steps consoildation
thanks
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Chakry,

Actually, ur question should be clear yaar. First you should give ur requirement clearly. What ever it may be i am giving answer as per my knowledge.

As per your requirement, you are having one Primary with 7 segment and 2 SOBs 4 and 3 Segments respectively.

the Steps:

1. in Consolidation -> Define-> Mapping ( SUBsidiary responsibility)

Here you have to given Mapping name and select Your Primary SOB, Selection Method is Balance if Currency is different otherwise select Transaction is Currency is same.

2. In the same form u have select assing ur Subsidairy SOB to Primary SOB and Usage method is Standard if ur not Using Average Balances.

3. Next Select Segment rule as ur SOBs are having different COAs . In the Form action field mapping option according ur requirement i.e the Sub SOB Seg values in which Segment value of Primary SOB should be stored .

This should be done accoriding to No. of of ur Subsidiary SOBs After this save the data.

4. Next go to Mapping Set and give mapping Set name and Select Primary SOB and Select Mapping name and select Sub SOBs.

5. And select Transfer Consolidation Data , Select Primary SOB and period and in the same window mapping option select SUB SOBs and select Period in which of SUB SOB want to be consolidated as u explained in qurrey ( different period of SUB SOB in Parent SOB for particular period). This crucial step.

6 Select Transfer.

After go to view-> request clear the programme.
After completed the programme successfully, go to Primary SOB (Primary Responsibility) and u will find Journal in Unposted stage and review and post the same after u satisfied.

this is process what i knows if any wrong please navigate me and give feed back.

regards,
Murthy oracle
monudell

Post by monudell »

Go to http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/A ... /gcs01.htm

Also on the same page at the bottom you will find consolidation workbench. Go through this also.

TC
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi Chakry,

Best option to the solution for your issue is to create 2 SOB with different COA's as per you example & segments in the parent and 5 segments in subsidiary SOB and then MAP them and nest step is to transfer. You will get solution by your self. System will transfer the data from subsidiary to primary SOB based on the mapping rules defined.

Regards,
Shashi.