Material Requirement Planning Exception detail

Here members can post Oracle Manufacturing related questions and answers.
hnooi

Material Requirement Planning Exception detail

Post by hnooi »

Hey There - I hope someone can assist me to understand more on Material Requirement Planning Exception detail. Is there any document that I can refer to understand more.

Many Thanks.
jasmine.hue

Post by jasmine.hue »

[quote]Hey There - I hope someone can assist me to understand more on Material Requirement Planning Exception detail. Is there any document that I can refer to understand more.

Many Thanks.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by hnooi
hnooi

Post by hnooi »

Hi Gurus,

Let me explain my problem in detail. I only have basic MRP setup in my system I do not have SCP or ASCP in my system. From MRP workbench -> Exceptions -> Field -> Exception. from this exception i saw a lot of exception type. but most of the value I select return zero list.

The zero return is it because of I need SCP or ASCP to install only will have value?

Hwa Nee
merzikerp

Post by merzikerp »

Dear All
Kindlly find this doc hope its help.
Exceptions

Item Exceptions

? Items with negative starting on-hand: The item has a negative on-hand balance.
? Items with a shortage: The item has more demand than it has supply, you cannot satisfy all the demand on those days, and the projected available supply is less than safety stock. To determine if this exception exists, the planning process performs the gross-to-net explosion and raises the exception on each day that you have a shortage. The planning process does not issue this exception if it has solved the shortage by recommending Create new orders.
? Items with a shortage (below zero): The item has more demand than it has supply, you cannot satisfy all the demand on those days, projected available supply is negative. To determine if this exception exists, the planning process performs the gross-to-net explosion and raises the exception on each day that you have a shortage. The planning process does not issue this exception if it has solved the shortage by recommending Create new orders.
? Items with no activity: The item has no supply and no demand. To determine if this exception exists, the planning process performs the gross-to-net explosion.
? Items with excess inventory: The item has more inventory than it needs to satisfy demand. To determine if this exception exists, the planning process performs the gross-to-net explosion and raises the exception on each day that you have an excess.
? Items with expired lots: The item has inventory lots that expire during the planning horizon.
? Items that are over-committed: On at least one day, the item has more sales order demand than it has supply; you cannot ship all the sales orders on those days. In order to determine an over-committed situation, the planning process calculates Available to Promise.
Available to promise is defined as follows:
? ATP = PS - CD = (QOH + SR + PO + SRS) - (SO + DD)
- ATP = Available to Promise
- PS = Planned Supply
- CD = Committed Demand
- QOH = Quantity on Hand
- SR = Scheduled Receipts (not Current Repetitive Schedules)
- PO = Planned Orders (not Purchase Orders)
- SRS = Suggested Repetitive Schedules
- SO = Sales Orders
- DD = Dependent Demand

Note: that this calculation is for a planner's available to promise and is different from the available to promise calculation used in Oracle Inventory and Oracle Order Management.

Order Exceptions

? Orders to be rescheduled in: The planning process has found at least one scheduled receipt for this item for which it has recommended Reschedule existing order in.
? Orders to be rescheduled out: The planning process has found at least one scheduled receipt for this item for which it has recommended Reschedule existing order out.
? Orders to be canceled: The planning process has found at least one scheduled receipt for this item for which it has recommended Cancel existing order.
? Past due sales order: A sales order used as demand in the planning process has a line with a schedule date in the past.
? Past due forecast: A forecast entry used as demand in the planning process has a due date in the past.
? Late supply pegged to sales order: (sold item?s cumulative lead times are longer than _ today to supply-day)
Items with shortages that prevent sales order demand from being met, caused by component shortages
? Late supply pegged to forecast: (forecasted item?s cumulative lead times are longer than _ today to supply-day)
Items with shortages that prevent forecast demand from being met, caused by component shortages
? Orders with compression days: For discrete material planning only, the planning process has found at least one planned order for this item in which the needed due date is in the future, but the needed start date is in the past. The planning process recommends the planned order to start on the date that the planning process executed. It assigns one compression day for each work day between the needed start date and the date that the planning process executed and then issues this exception. For example, if a planned order due date is Friday, the lead time offset for the item is three days (Thursday, Wednesday, and Tuesday), and the planning process executes on Wednesday, the planning process suggests that the order should start on Wednesday with one compression day.
? Past due orders: For discrete material planning only, the planning process has found at least one planned order for this item in which both the needed start date and the needed due date are in the past. The planning process recommends the planned order to start and be due on the date that the planning process executed. It then issues this exception. For example, if a planned order should have started on Monday and completed on Wednesday, and the planning process executes on Thursday, the planning process suggests that the order should both start and complete on Thursday with a past due exception.

Capacity Exceptions

? Capacity over-utilized: On at least one week, the required capacity of a resource or line is more than the available capacity.
? Capacity under-utilized: On at least one week, the required capacity of a resource or line is less than the available capacity.
? Late order due to over-utilized capacity: There is insufficient capacity of a resource that results in a delayed customer order.

Merzik
rameshbvm

Post by rameshbvm »

Hi

Can anyone please explain what 'Late Replenishment of forecast mean? Actually Im using ASCP with OPM and running an ECC plan. I gave a forecast say on 1st Apr but the plan is giving an output as demand on 3 may instead of 1st Apr and in the exception details, we get Late repelnishment of forecast.

Awaiting your suggestions and comment.

Regards
Ramesh
oliverapple

Post by oliverapple »

thank you! I see