Chart of Account samples?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Erikson

Post by Erikson »

System generated Balance Sheet or Trial Balance will be by Balancing Segment. However, for Report purpose you can create your own Balance Sheet/ Trial Balance using FSG as per your requirement.
samaboukhalil

Post by samaboukhalil »

Dear All,

I am currently working on designing the COA for a government and we are going to implement Oracle.

Does anyone have a COA specific for governments?

i also have a question regarding the intercompany segement, how many digits shall this segement be? is it usually used as a binary, for example 0 for transactions that are not intercompany and 1 for intercompany transactions?

Thanks
Helene Abrams

Post by Helene Abrams »

Governments typically use fund accounting so would have a fund segment as the balancing segment rather than company. Also, there is usually a department used as the cost center segment, Usually funds are tracked by projects so if they are not implementing project accounting, you may want a project segment. Many public sector organizations also track by activity or service and location. The US Federal government has standards that you might want to check out as a basic reference. You can find it by looking up the Common Government Accounting Classification (CGAC).

Intercompany is usually not a binary (yes/no) field. It is usually used to record transactions that go from one balancing segment value to another. So if Company or Fund 01 credits money to Company or Fund 02, then 01 is the value in the balancing segment, and 02 would be the value credited in the intercompany segment for that transaction. If there is not an intercompany transaction, then you would use zero as a default.
ken_tommy

Post by ken_tommy »

Hi,
Thanks for your providing this information!
saleemisra

Post by saleemisra »

Hi All,

We are using the following COA for one of the Healthcare centre in Abu Dhabi:
Segment 1 ? Business Entity 2
Segment 2 ? Facility 3
Segment 3 ? Activity 5
Segment 4 ? Department 7
Segment 5 ? Account 5
Segment 6 ? Future1 5
Segment 7 ? Future2 5
saleemisra

Post by saleemisra »

Hi All,

We are using the following COA for one of the Healthcare centre in Abu Dhabi:
Segment 1 ? Business Entity 2
Segment 2 ? Facility 3
Segment 3 ? Activity 5
Segment 4 ? Department 7
Segment 5 ? Account 5
Segment 6 ? Future1 5
Segment 7 ? Future2 5
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Hi All,

We are using the following COA for one of the Power Generation Company

Segment 1 ? Company 2
Segment 2 ? Department 3
Segment 3 ? Account 6
Segment 4 ? Account 5
Segment 5 ? Future1 4
Srinivas.tanuapps

Post by Srinivas.tanuapps »

I have downloaded the pdf ( Oracle Applications R12, 11i - Chart of Accounts - v1.0) into my desk. as soon as I opened that pdf, its asking password. will you please let me know what is the password of pdf.

Thank You

[quote]Hi,
Chart of Account is finalization is a milestone in any implementation and I think every organization is reinventing the wheel in designing COA. As many gurus are working in different type of organizations so it is suggested to share their recommendations of COA segments. Expecting cooperation from all of the members.

I am sure soon we will be able to finalize standard COA as per different industry requirements.

Those who are not interested to share here can email as well.

Thanks

<font size="3"><font color="red"><b>Password to open document : www.erpstuff.com</b></font id="red"></font id="size3">

[img]/forums/images/icon_zip.gif[/img] <b>Attachment:</b> Oracle Applications R12, 11i - Chart of Accounts - v1.0 <i>(22,736 bytes )</i>

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by admin
wajipasha

Post by wajipasha »

Can u plz tell me password to access the document which u posted there of Chart of account
alexawybegd

Post by alexawybegd »

Thanks all for this important info
xdp4507

Post by xdp4507 »

Thank you for this.
mazher.erp

Post by mazher.erp »

Hi thanks

for the topic

thanks
regards