Oracle Projects Interview Related Questions

To discuss Oracle Projects & Property Manager setup and costing related matters.
akumar.oracle

Oracle Projects Interview Related Questions

Post by akumar.oracle »

Hi

Can anyone help me to understand what type of questions are asked from Oracle 11i Projects Functional Consultant.

I have few doubts

(1) As 11i PA Consultant what are their daily task, while on support role?
(functional) / (technical) task.

(2) What are the initial setup steps carried out to configure PA?

(3) To work as PA functional consultant does one has to work on other
modules before?

(4) What is the difference between Indirect, Contract and Capital project?

please help with valuable with feedback

regards
arvin
KIMKhan

Post by KIMKhan »

Hi

1. PA Consultant is no different from other consultants, daily task in case of an implementation would depend on the phase of implementation the project is positioned and in case of support it would be issue resolution.

2. Steps to be carried out vary depending on the requirements. A few initial steps to mention would be setting up your implementation options, defining project types, templates, projects, setting up of expenditures, setting of costing & billing features to mention a few, the list goes on....

3. PA consultant should have a good understanding of other modules like receivables, payables, fixed assets, purchasing, inventory.... Usually a guy who has already implemented Financials gets to work on PA.

4. Project Classes are system defined. You must set up at least one project type for each project class you plan to use. The project classes are
? Indirect - Track overhead activities and costs.
? Capital - Track product/asset development activities and costs, and costs are capitalized as one or more assets.
? Contract - Contract projects track cost, revenue, and billing.

The project type controls how Oracle Projects creates and processes projects, and is a primary classification for the projects your business manages. You must set up at least one project type to create projects in Oracle Projects. In a multi?organization environment, you must set up project types for each operating unit.
vijay.veer

Post by vijay.veer »

Could you please share another technical que in project accounting?

asked at time of interview.