change or build new sql-statement in BI-Publisher

Here you can post the Business Intelligence (BI) related queries and replies.
DonQuixote79

change or build new sql-statement in BI-Publisher

Post by DonQuixote79 »

Hello, i'm a newbie to BI Publisher in Oracle Apps R12. I've downloaded the BI-Publisher Desktop Version which gets integrated in Word. My question is now, is it possible to change the select statement inside this Desktop-Version? I've tried to use one report in OA with XML-output then use the BI-Publisher Desktop integrator and to load the xml-file to make some layout for a report.
But what is if i want to use a new report from the scratch with new select statements. Do i have to use Oracle Reports for this and make the output as xml or is there a more smoother way to change the select statements without using Oracle Reports and without using the BI-Publisher Enterprise Edition. Thanks a lot - i would be appreciate to get some help. Regards Thomas
Pirzada

Post by Pirzada »

Hi,
you can build a new report from report builder, register it in the application and set the output to xml then attach a template using XML Publisher Responsibilty.
You can also write a procedure that generates an XML output and use the XML data in your template.

Regards,
Ali Pirzada
DonQuixote79

Post by DonQuixote79 »

Hi Ali,

thanks i build a new report with report builder and the xml-output works. But then i build a new package and have registered the concurrent program in OA and changed the output from text to xml. I tried the output FND_FILE.PUT_LINE() and without in hope that a xml would be generated. But it doesn't work- i don't get an xml file out.
Can you help how it works with a pl/sql package and xml output. Thanks a lot regards Thomas
Pirzada

Post by Pirzada »

Hi,
Follow this article, this might be helpfull
http://www.erpschools.com/Oracle_Applic ... lisher.asp

Regards,
Ali Pirzada
DonQuixote79

Post by DonQuixote79 »

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

It is very helpful.