Oracle SQLLOADER

In this forum you can share stuff related to Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i.
jamshed.a2004

Oracle SQLLOADER

Post by jamshed.a2004 »

I have oracle database 10g on linux platform and i set sqlloader utility which is schedule uploading flat files from other databases to oracle database10g. but i want to run this script from windows. some one would tell me any idea how can i do this?
amirtai

Post by amirtai »

Hi there

If you've oracle client installed in windows then you should be able to find the same utility in ORACLE_HOME\bin\sqlldr.exe. You could create your control file in notepad with extention .ctl. Create a batch file to load the .csv data file into database. From Control Panel->Schedule Task you can schedule a job to run that batch file periodically.

You could also ftp the data file from your windows box to your Linux db Server and perform the same task.

Sqlloader is used for data imported from non-oracle database. To move data between oracle databases, I would rather create a link between databases and insert data directly into tables from source database, which should fire appropriate constraint triggers to validate data.

You can refer to site below for further sqlloader examples.
http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/SQL*Loader_FAQ

Regards
Amir
jamshed.a2004

Post by jamshed.a2004 »

[quote]Hi there

If you've oracle client installed in windows then you should be able to find the same utility in ORACLE_HOME\bin\sqlldr.exe. You could create your control file in notepad with extention .ctl. Create a batch file to load the .csv data file into database. From Control Panel->Schedule Task you can schedule a job to run that batch file periodically.

You could also ftp the data file from your windows box to your Linux db Server and perform the same task.

Sqlloader is used for data imported from non-oracle database. To move data between oracle databases, I would rather create a link between databases and insert data directly into tables from source database, which should fire appropriate constraint triggers to validate data.

You can refer to site below for further sqlloader examples.
http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/SQL*Loader_FAQ

Regards
Amir

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by amirtai