Budgetory Control

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
abhyankarnarayan

Budgetory Control

Post by abhyankarnarayan »

Hi,

We are in 12.0.6.
We are using budgetory control for our primary ledger.
We want to know whether it is possible to have budgetory control at the item level?

My understanding is that the budgets are defined at GL level for the code combinations which has a natural account. When I raise a PO, the charge account is :
Material account in case of inventory item, and E
Expense account in case of expense item.

If I need to track the budgets for all the inventory items separately, is it possible to have?? As my natural account for all the inventory items is same.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,
Narayan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Narayan

If you want to track all inventory items, use the summary account then apply your budget on this summary account.

Define a rollup group for your segment then allow these rollup to the parent value segments then define a summary accounts according to these rollup and put your budget control on this summary account.

Hope I can help you
Hisham
abhyankarnarayan

Hi Hisham,

We will have just one single material account right?
The issue we are facing is, when we create, approve and receive a PO for an inventory item, it creates encumbrance entries correctly. When we post this to GL, it shows in the funds inquiry screen Budget, Actual and Encumbrance figures correctly.
Now when I go to create another PO and do a funds check, the available funds is not the Budget - (Encumbrance+Actual). It is just checking actual and allowing the funds check to succeed!!

Narayan
Erikson

Post by Erikson »

Hi Narayan

Check the Financial Options Setup
AP Responsibility > Setup > Options > Financial Options
Check whether PO Encumbrance is enabled.
If not, Enable this checkbox and test the functionality.

Navaneeth
abhyankarnarayan

Hi Navneeth,

Yes, the checkbox for financial option in AP for PO encumbrance is enabled.
Still we are facing the issue. Actually in the GL Funds inquiry, it is showing up Actual
Encumbrance
Budgeted figures.

But when we do a fund check in PO, it shows funds available as Budget - Actuals. Encumbrance though visible in GL funds inquiry screen is not taken care in the PO funds check.

Narayan
Erikson

Post by Erikson »

Check the following:
1) What is the SLAM you are using? It should be Encumbrance Accrual
2) Check the Budgetary Control Option in GL
3) Check the Encumbrance entries are generated in the table PO_BC_DISTRIBUTIONS. Check if you are able to see the PO/PR number and distribution id in reference4 and reference3 columns.
4) Navigate to: Purchasing>Accounting>SLA:User Main Menu>Journal Entries
Query by transaction dates and ledger name and check if the Encumbrance entries are generated
5) If everything is OK, try creating a manual journal in GL above the Budget Amount and do funds check to diagnose the issue further
abhyankarnarayan

Hi Erikson.

Thanks.
We tried creating a manual journal for encumbrance in GL. We then did the check funds. We posted this line.
Then we tried creating a new manual journal for encumbrance. We check funds for this. Still it did not consider the earlier manual encumbrance journal which has been posted. Till the time encumbrance is not posted, the checkfunds is considering the same. Once it is posted, it relieves the budget.

Is it a standard functionality? Why my funds check is checking

Budget - (Actual+encumbrance unposted)

It should check

Budget - (Actual+Encumbrance (whether posted in GL or not)

Thanks,
Narayan

Thanks,
Narayan