Issue with same Receipt numbers - AR 11i

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
benny

Issue with same Receipt numbers - AR 11i

Post by benny »

Hi,

We are facing an isssue with Receipts in AR accepting same receipt numbers. Our users are able to enter the same receipt numbers but this is done on different dates.

If a user enters the same receipt number on the same date we get a message that there is a duplication of receipt number.

How can we avoid a user from entering the same receipt number on a differenct date, same bank and same supplier.

Appreciate your replies on this issue.

Rgrds,
Ben[?]<font face="Trebuchet MS"></font id="Trebuchet MS"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
This is easy to achieve by using forms personalization.

Octavio
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Hi oteixeira.. Is it sure that we can do only by customization. If it has to do can you tell me the process how we have to customization

Hi benny.. Did u gave Document sequencing for that. It is true what oteixeria has said in the above.
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

The personalization is based on the existence of a receipt with the same number that is being entered by the user. It will be necessay to enter a condition similar to:

Code: Select all

exists (select receipt_number 
from ar_cash_receipts_all where receipt_number = :RGW_FOLDER.M_RECEIPT_NUMBER 
and :system.record_status = 'INSERT')
Benny mentions also the bank, so he needs to modify the condition in order to comply with the RECEIPT_METHOD_ID. I just do not understand what does he mean with "same supplier".

When the condition is true you just need to fire an Action of type Message (error) saying the user that the receipt number already exists wo he/she has to change in order to continue working.

Octavio
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

The personalization is based on the existence of a receipt with the same number that is being entered by the user. It will be necessay to enter a condition similar to:

Code: Select all

exists (select receipt_number 
from ar_cash_receipts_all where receipt_number = :RGW_FOLDER.M_RECEIPT_NUMBER 
and :system.record_status = 'INSERT')
Benny mentions also the bank, so he needs to modify the condition in order to comply with the RECEIPT_METHOD_ID. I just do not understand what does he mean with "same supplier".

When the condition is true you just need to fire an Action of type Message (error) saying the user that the receipt number already exists wo he/she has to change in order to continue working.

Octavio
benny

Post by benny »

Hi Octavio,

Thanks for replying, I would try the form personalization option.

Regarding the Document sequence I dont think this would help as if I give the same Receipt number the system would just generate another unique Sequence number.

Regards,
Ben[?]
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi benny

Before you make any personalization, check from your business side if the customer receipt number can be recurring during the business because some times the receipt number can be recurring with different customers or to the same customer in different banks.

Thanks
Hisham