Payment Batch in R12 - Payment Manager

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
stobgy

Payment Batch in R12 - Payment Manager

Post by stobgy »

As you know Rel 12 has different payment processing method as compared to 11i, the Payment Batch is now run from Payments Manager. Has anyone prepared a process flow for creating Multiple Payments in Rel 12. I just needed it a bit urgent, i looked on the forums but couldnt find anything.

Kindly help if possible.

Thanks in advance
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

I would day the process flow remains the same.... however the way thing are done has gone through lot of changes as you have observed already.

In order to make use of the payment batches functionality in Release 12 under payables module, you need to perform most of the required setups from Payments Administrator or Payments module.
The payment batch is renamed as Payment process Request.
The process remains the same ...
Selection of invoices, build, format and confirm.
Few reports which were used in r11 in the above processes were obsoleted and replaced with few new ones in r12.

I am working on a doc related to that, will let you know others once it is ready.

In short please define the following in order to make multiple payments in release 12...
1) Bank Account
2) Payment Format
3) Payment Method
4) XML template
5) Payment Process Profile

And do a prayer before testing the same....
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

I would day the process flow remains the same.... however the way thing are done has gone through lot of changes as you have observed already.

In order to make use of the payment batches functionality in Release 12 under payables module, you need to perform most of the required setups from Payments Administrator or Payments module.
The payment batch is renamed as Payment process Request.
The process remains the same ...
Selection of invoices, build, format and confirm.
Few reports which were used in r11 in the above processes were obsoleted and replaced with few new ones in r12.

I am working on a doc related to that, will let you know others once it is ready.

In short please define the following in order to make multiple payments in release 12...
1) Bank Account
2) Payment Format
3) Payment Method
4) XML template
5) Payment Process Profile

And do a prayer before testing the same....
stobgy

Post by stobgy »

i will sure do :))

Can't wait for that document my man....
lookin really forward for that...

Thanks in advance