REP-51002: Bind to Reports Server repsrv01 failed

To discuss Oracle Forms & Reports related technical issues.
sarahaman

REP-51002: Bind to Reports Server repsrv01 failed

Post by sarahaman »

Dear Sirs

i am using oracle developer suite 10G-v10.1.2.. database 10.2.. in windows xp sp3 and there was no problem in duraing installation but i tried to call report by using this URL

http://sara:8890/reports/rwservlet/........ so i got error

REP-51002: Bind to Reports Server repsrv01 failed.

plz guide me if anyone can help me.

waiting for prompt answer

Sarah Aman
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Cause 1: multiple network cards (NICs), use of VPN software, missing Gateway configuration for the network definitions in the NIC can cause this behaviour, and/or use of VMware

Solution 1: If your machine setup uses multiple network cards and/or you are using software VPN (e.g. cisco) and/or you have VMware installed on your machine, switch to using the naming service for the server.

Note:

It is recommended that you use the built-in broadcast mechanism for dynamic discovery of Reports Servers. Use the Common Object Service (COS) naming service for Reports Server discovery only when the built-in broadcast mechanism is not suitable for your environment, as in the following scenarios:

- You plan to install OracleAS Reports Services on a machine that is connected to a network using VPN.

- You want to avoid broadcast traffic on your network.

(See the reports documentation for further details and/or the Note referenced below.)

Explanation: In some instances, we have seen issues when multiple NICs (actual physical NICs and/or software NICs, such created by VPN software or VMware) were present on certain machines. In these cases, the corba stack potentially binds to different NICs and the communication from the servlet actually goes out a different NIC than the server binds to. Switching to the naming service should help.

Reference:

Note 337619.1 How to Switch Between Multicast and NamingService in Reports 10.1.2

Reports Forum -- http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message ... 78#1222178

See Also:

Note 337621.1 Report Calls Fail with Rep-51002 in Reports Version 10.1.2 With Multicasting

How to return a HTTP Status Code different than HTTP 200 when the reports server cannot be reached ?
Doc ID: 421244.1

FAQ - Common Report Errors in v. 10.1.2.x.x
Doc ID: 419099.1 Type: FAQ
Modified Date : 24-MAR-2009

How to Debug The Error REP-51002 - Bind to Reports Server failed
Doc ID: 247859.1 Type: BULLETIN
Modified Date : 05-AUG-2008

i just searched on metalink.....so Expect Some More
sarahaman

Post by sarahaman »

thanks for reply.

i solved the problem but after using lan card and report server is started i tried alot to solve the problem with out lan card but i am failed and i got error

Rep-51002 Bind to report server

once again thanks alot

Sarah Aman