Reconciliation for limited Bank Accounts?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Vipparla

Reconciliation for limited Bank Accounts?

Post by Vipparla »

Hi,

Our client defind their cash account that is used by him at several locations . For each location's cash account bank account is defined in AP bank.

Now we want to introduce Cash Management . Payable option for clearing account is defined and system parameters in Cash Management are set.

When cash payment is made from these locations the line type is appearing ( for cash account) as clearing account.
And it is becoming neccessary to reconcile for these cash accounts to change the line type.

We want this feature of clearing for Bank accounts only and not for cash accounts defined under bank.Cash clearing is not assigned to cash accounts in AP Banks .

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

If you enable 'Cash clearing' in the system options for an operating unit, it is applicable for all the transactions for that operating unit (unlike AR).

As I understand, when you account for payment, the line type is 'Cash Clearing', not 'Cash'. Since Cash account and Cash clearing accounts are same, there won't be any impact in GL. You may do the reconciliation process at the month end either automatically or manually.

If you do not want to do this reconciliation, I think that you need to customize 'Create Accounting' which is NOT the recommended solution.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG