Using Advanced Pricing in Purchasing--r12

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
rc.priyankar

Using Advanced Pricing in Purchasing--r12

Post by rc.priyankar »

Can anyone give me the steps required to give a discount/surcharge on the PO price using Advanced Pricing? I understand that we have to set up modifiers and attach qualifier groups to such modifiers, but I'm not getting the desired results. I did not find any information regarding this in the Purchasing UG(r12).

Any document reference will be of immense help.

Thanx!!
shankhaghosh123

Post by shankhaghosh123 »

Hi

to look into integrating PO with Advance Pricing (QP).

You need enable related QP Profile Options and define Price List with Modifiers / Qualifiers

Further you need to create a Contract Purchase Order and refer the same in PO Agreement Number in Qualifier Attribute in the Price List

While creating Standard Purchase Order/Requsition mention the reference document as the Contract Purchase Agreement and the Pricing Engine should invoke the Pricing rules.

Hope the suggestion suits your requirement
rc.priyankar

Post by rc.priyankar »

Thanks.

In my case, the client has to apply a %age value either above or below the PO price. For example, if the PO value is 1000, and he gives this value(which can be stored in the PO header DFF) as 10, then the PO price will be either 900 or 1100 depending on whether he selects 'Below' or 'Above'(this value can be stored in another segment in the DFF). The price of each line of the PO should be adjusted accordingly, so that there isn't any problem while creating a PO matching invoice.

I felt this could be handled using Pricing, but mapping this process seems complicated. Any suggestions to handle this either using Standard functionality or through a customization/personalization?
shankhaghosh123

Post by shankhaghosh123 »

In this case the most simple customization/personalization seeems to be that capture Discount at Header Level DFF and accordingly adjust price while defaulting Price in PO Lines.