GL Budget Configruation Management

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
bvenattu

GL Budget Configruation Management

Post by bvenattu »

Hi All,

I have requirement in Budget in Oracle General Ledger. My client looking for Versioning of Budget in GL. Is it possible?

for Example - 01- jan -2010 starts with Budget say 20,000, budget has been created and maintained. Now 01-jun-2010, depratment has forcasted the budget and revised to this amount as 40000.

now I should able to keep 20000 as histroy and 40000 as current...

Please post you valuabe advise on this

BVA
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi BVA

My recommend is that use 2 type of budget. the first budget is the original budget use it for the first year budget for all department.

Use second budget as a primary budget, from this budget make your control for each department (budget control) & if you need to increase or decrease your budget in each department, change the second budget & make a FSG report to compare between 2 budgets.

You can also define a report to read the encumbrance accounts through the year in each period to know the increase / decrease amount for each budget account.

Thanks
Hisham
bvenattu

Post by bvenattu »

Hi Hisham

Thank you and appreciate your reply

Regards
BVA