Uploading Inventory items

There are many available reports in Oracle Apps so you can discuss the requirements related to these reports here.
AIMAM

Uploading Inventory items

Post by AIMAM »

Hi,
We are working on Oracle Applications 11i . I need help from the community to walk me through how to upload hundreds of inventory items to the system.
My plan so far is to use DataLoad to upload the items direct through applications forms. It should be carried out in 3 steps:

<b>1. uploading item categories.</b>
we have two item categories key flexfields:<b>inv_item_category,po_item_category.</b>
both have the following 7 segments structure:
Group: Independent (value set)
Sub Group: Dependent
Sub Sub Group:Dependent
Others:Independent
Stock Type:Independent
Future Use1:Independent
Future Use2: Independent
how do you suggest i can upload the above?
the next steps category codes and sets can be uploaded directly with no problems.

<b>2. uploading items </b>
through the form items-master items form, the following data can be uploaded directly: item code description template name (to copy from) inventory organizations to assign the item to. categories

<b>3. uploading onhand quantities.</b>
first define a new transaction type to upload open balances from Transactions: Miscellaneous Transactions form the following data can be entered:

ITEM
SUBINVENTORY
QUANTITY
UNIT COST
ACCOUNT
etc

So, what do you think?

BTW, I am an API and PLSQL Novice that's why i'm asking help from the community. If DataLoad is not appropriate for loading 600+ items then please introduce me to the expected risks and how a bigginer can use API without mistakes. I need references with detailed procedures and action plans.

Thank you..