Salary Administration Feature

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
ssalipk

Salary Administration Feature

Post by ssalipk »

AoA to All,

I need to know if Salary Admin Feature is not using in payroll Implementation what would be the effect and what would be the consequences. I have seen an implementation without this and they are simply using Basic Pay Element instead of this.

If any person an have an experience kindly share.

Regards,

ssali
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear Ssali,

I believe it is better to use the Salary Administration functionality, because it will track salary changes, it includes approval for those salary changes, and it will always have the original value (Basic Salary value) not the one which is calculated though Fast Formula (prorated); thus, any allowances and deductions based on this element will be easily driven. Furthremore, the salary basis will take care of salary payment frequency (monthly, 12 salaries per year..etc).. so why take more effort and time to define an element with input values and take more time to write code in the Fast Formulas..

Well, this is my suggestion, and you are welcome to share any points in this regard,

Hope this helped,

Best Regards,

Ahmad Ghanem
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

I agree with Ahmed. Just to add to above comments, salary defined in salary administration will enter salary record in particular table of salary(or might be of employee) while defining basic salary in element and entries will only create entry in element and entries table. So as Ahmed said, Oracle is keeping track of salary through salary administration by using relevant tables.