834 File Ordering

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
mjm

834 File Ordering

Post by mjm »

We are on R12.0.7 using HR/Payroll/Standard Benefits (and other Finance related modules). We are working to implement the 834 file to send benefit enrollment information to Blue Cross Blue Shield (our health care provider). By default, the 834 file that is generated by Oracle lists all employees first then lists all dependents. For example, my information is in the file starting at line 3479. The information for my dependents starts at line 12744. Blue Cross Blue Shield is telling us that we need to change our extract process to have dependents listed immediately following each employee. I have been unable to get this to work in Oracle. What am I missing? This seems like a simple request, but I can't get it to work. As anyone else encountered this requirement? How did you make it work? Please help.
mjm

Post by mjm »

I found the answer. I updated the record "INS- Insured Benefit_021" to include the field "REF02_OF". I also checked the "Hide" box on this field so it does not show in the output. Then I was able to set the sorting on the record based on field "REF02_OF". This resolved my issue.