unusual behavior of Oracle apps rel12.1

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
mamajid

unusual behavior of Oracle apps rel12.1

Post by mamajid »

Dear All

Assalam o Alikum

I am facing problem in oracle apps on different forms which is quit unusual to me as it never happened before.

Note that we have re-installed oracle apps rel 12.1

On assignment form salary basis field is disabled while before re-installation it was enabled and i was able to insert value in this field.

On defining absence of any employee it is not calculation duration even though i have copy pasted template_absence_duration to BG_ABSENCE_DURATION as defined in Fast formula user guide.
It is also not updating running total of initial balance of leaves as i have defined decreasing balance in absence type and initialized balance.

I have done all that before re-installation and all was working fine.

Any idea whats happening.

Regards

Majid.
mamajid

Post by mamajid »

Assalam o Alikum

One of my friend clarified me about the queries i asked and he said that if any absence element is linked with absent type for accrual then on availing of absence oracle does not calculate duration using BG_DURATION_CALCULATION fast formula. If it is only used for HRMS and no accrual is attached with it then on availing of absence oracle will calculate absence duration using BG_DURATION_CALCULATION fast formula.

I just wanted to confirm it from all experts whether is it true or not.

Regards

Majid