How to handle non inventory items?

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
Tilia

How to handle non inventory items?

Post by Tilia »

<font size="3">Dear all,

what is the way to maintain the stock of non inventory items since no Move order is issued for them?

i.e we consider cartridges as non stock item but let's say that I have a budget for the cartridges and want to know how much we spend on them in two months. If we group the cartridge with the printers, ...etc under <b>expense </b> how I would know how much we spent on each item ?

and how I would know how much I used since they are non stocked?

<u>Just a note</u>, in our company we stock cartridges but consider it as non inventory items, so how to track it now?

in the old system all materials are considered inventory so didn't had a problem to track them

The ERP implementers suggested that we do the issue pass manually !! so is this practical practice?

Regards
Tilia</font id="size3">
ageepee

Post by ageepee »

Dear,

We have been struggling with similar issue from the very beginning and still no solid solution in the ERP. What we have come up is that, to create such item in the master as NS (Non stock).. followed by any agreed number and issue them against alias issue as and when requested.

Do you have any solution to this other than the one specified.

Thank you
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Dear Tilia

Like the ageepee say, we can define the expense item as a Inventory item but not an asset item (to only track the quantity).

This step will track the item with quantity but all item expense will be paid once when the item delivery on inventory.

Thanks
Hisham