real-time downstream Issue

In this forum you can share stuff related to Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i.
Zahhus277

real-time downstream Issue

Post by Zahhus277 »

I am working on oracle downstream for schema level replication on test environment. During improt from impdp utility, I do some transactions on source server in order to get impact these transactions on target server (downstream) once import completed.

No impact is happening once apply service started.
No archive log are applying
No error are showing in dba_apply_error view. remote archives are registered in dba_registered_archived_log.

Any one can help me in this regard. may be i am missing something.

Enviroment:
O/S :Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.5
Source Database:10.2
Targetr database: 11.2

Regards
Zaheer Hussain
amirtai

Post by amirtai »

Hi there

It is usually the case that the primary database cannot connect to the downsteam database. i.e typically, the cause may be ora-1017: invalid username/password; logon denied.

If the remote_login_passwordfile is not configured or is not the same as that on the primary or the sys passwords are different you will likely encounter ora-1017.

During setup, it may not be obvious what is happening. Please make sure that you review the source alert.log file as well as the related log writer or archiver trace files - whichever process will be managing redo transport. These will likely point to the root cause of the issue which will likely be configuration / parameter related .

Please also refer to the section Troubleshooting Implicit Capture in the 11.2 Streams Concepts and Administration Guide.

http://www.filibeto.org/sun/lib/nonsun/ ... e10704.pdf

Master Note for Troubleshooting Streams Apply Errors ORA-1403, ORA-26787 or ORA-26786 , Note:265201.1 do not miss the video is very helpful on that note and also check the 405541.1 and 753158.1 .

Hope that would be helpful.

Amir