AR Autoaccounting

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anant

AR Autoaccounting

Post by anant »

Hello Folks,

AR uses Autoaccounting feature to derive the segment values for the GL Accounts. this is fine.
but the question is how this is linked to GL..? i mean backend table link...

SELECT rads.gl_default_segment_id, rads.segment, rads.segment_num, rads.table_name, rads.constant,
rada.type "ACCOUNT TYPE", rada.org_id
FROM ra_account_default_segments rads, ra_account_defaults_all rada
WHERE rads.gl_default_id = rada.gl_default_id
AND rada.type IN ('REV')
AND rada.org_id = 204

In vision instance, if i execute this query, i'll get the details of autoaccounting setup information for Vision Operation Organization. but how actually it derives the GL Accounts..there should be link to GL...how can i link this Autoaccounting tables to GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS..?

any help is greatly appreciated...
thanks in advance...

Anant
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi Anant

To my knowledge,There is no direct link between autoaccounting and GL Code Combination Table.

In Auto accounting you are either hardcoding the values or setting up the system to pick up values from Transaction Type, Customer, Salesperson. So GL_CODE_COMBINATION picks up based on the set up what you have set in the system to pick up values from where

Regards
Sivakumar
lnarayanaj

Post by lnarayanaj »

There is no link and you dont need a link either. Autoaccounting will link tell the source for each segment of the code combination. the gl_code combinations table will consist of all the values for each code combinations. hope this helps. thnx.