Add an Operating Unit (OU) to an existing Ledger

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Juma

Add an Operating Unit (OU) to an existing Ledger

Post by Juma »

<font size="6"><font size="3"><font face="Times New Roman">There is a rquirement to add a new OU to our existing ledger (we have one ledger only). Do I have to follow certain steps in order? Do anybody have a document of serious steps to be followed? We are not using HR in our ERP.</font id="Times New Roman"></font id="size3"></font id="size6">
COC_Deb

Post by COC_Deb »

I am also trying to research this exact topic and understand the cost implications to leaving two seperate Oracle applications to support and maintain versus bringing the smaller one in 11i into the larger R12 implemenation.

Have you received or gotten any more information?
gaurav.shah

Post by gaurav.shah »

hi buddy ,

Follow this steps:

go to that particular ledger and there you will see OU in ledger .click on that .add ou in that..
COC_Deb

Post by COC_Deb »

Gaurav - TY for your post, do you know what amount of regression testing would be needed in GL, SLA and the SLA modules if we only currently have one ledger and were to add another like you stated?

[quote]hi buddy ,

Follow this steps:

go to that particular ledger and there you will see OU in ledger .click on that .add ou in that..

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by gaurav.shah