Differences between employee's Dates...?

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
jscrunch

Differences between employee's Dates...?

Post by jscrunch »

Hi friends,
(Apps version: 11.5.7)
What are the differences between employee's Start_Date and Effective_start_Date?
Both are columns of PER_ALL_PEOPLE_F table. (The form is PERWSHRG.fmb)
I don't understand very well if may be could appear a problem if the dates are different. I mean:
- I created a new employee today with Effective_start_date : 01-august-2007
.. the start date column have then the same value.
- Later I corrected the record and set the effective start_date to 31-july-2007... but the START_DATE didn't change,... why? Is it important?
Employee assignment dates begin on 31-july-2007... but I don't know if the START_DATE column could affect to any report or any other processes.

Thanks,
Jose.
admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jose,
I really liked the way you posted the topic with all information and also describing your own efforts you made before putting it to the community. Well here is the detail of 11.5.10.2 hope you clear you confusion,

1. If desired, change the Latest Start Date field.
The Latest Start Date field displays your effective date.
For employees who have previously worked for your enterprise, the Date First Hired field displays the start date of the employee's earliest, previous period of service. This date must be on or before the start date of the earliest period of service. The Date First Hired field is situated on the Benefits Tab.
If the latest start date and the date first hired are the same, when you amend the latest start date, the date first hired is set to the same date.

If you amend the latest start date to earlier than the date first hired, the date first hired is set to the same date.

Note: In the US, before making a change to a latest hire date already entered for an employee, ensure that the start date of the employee's primary address is the same as or earlier than the new hire date. This preserves the integrity of the employee's tax records.
jscrunch

Post by jscrunch »

Hello again,
thanks for the reply.
Mmm I continue with some doubts:
- I don't have Benefits Tab, I only have 2 Tabs, Personal and Office Details, but I've checked the value for ORIGINAL_DATE_OF_HIRE column and it's 31-July-2007.
-What I've understood with your explanation is that there are no problems if I change the value of START_DATE column to 31-07-01 (the same as the other) ... but I need to do it directly from SQL*plus or similar (Examine->Update, may be?) because START_DATE column is not displayed in the form... isn't it?

(I'm not working with US and the employee is new so no problem with the other considerations )

Thanks,
Jose.

[quote]Hi Jose,
I really liked the way you posted the topic with all information and also describing your own efforts you made before putting it to the community. Well here is the detail of 11.5.10.2 hope you clear you confusion,

1. If desired, change the Latest Start Date field.
The Latest Start Date field displays your effective date.
For employees who have previously worked for your enterprise, the Date First Hired field displays the start date of the employee's earliest, previous period of service. This date must be on or before the start date of the earliest period of service. The Date First Hired field is situated on the Benefits Tab.
If the latest start date and the date first hired are the same, when you amend the latest start date, the date first hired is set to the same date.

If you amend the latest start date to earlier than the date first hired, the date first hired is set to the same date.

Note: In the US, before making a change to a latest hire date already entered for an employee, ensure that the start date of the employee's primary address is the same as or earlier than the new hire date. This preserves the integrity of the employee's tax records.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by admin
admin

Post by admin »

Pl download the following document of HRMS which will give you better idea of 11.5.10.2.

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=780

Changes from backend or using examine are not supported by Oracle and even not here. Make changes using form.

Thanks
jscrunch

Post by jscrunch »

Hello again,
thanks for your patience.
I've didn't see any exactly about differences between these dates in the document... (The employee creation is just in the 2 last pages :-) )
But having a look in the database with employees that had changed several times of assignment and that have several registries in PER_ALL_PEOPLE_F, I've seen that START_DATE and ORIGINAL_DATE_OF_HIRE are the same (both of them always are equals to the first EFFECTIVE_START_DATE). So I conclude that START_DATE for this case must be the same...

Jose
jscrunch

Post by jscrunch »

Hello again,
a little tip : We 're using US legislation code.. but this not affect because whe don't use Payroll module... Son there's no problem with taxes.
Thanks,
Jose.