Should we use Public Sector Budgeting??

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Pooja

Should we use Public Sector Budgeting??

Post by Pooja »

Our requirement is as follows:

There are 3 legal entities in a government organization A,B,C such that some grants is given to A which is then distributed between B and C on the basis of their forecast budget requirement.

There are various projects running under B and C and these budgets/grants are then distributed among those projects.
There is no project billing. Only project costing is used.

In the period end unutilized grant amount is returned to A from B and C. We take out a report which tells how much budget was allocated to which LE and which project and how much has been used and how much returned.

We are already using AP, GL, AR, CM, FA modules. Grants accounting and Project costing is also used.

I want to ask how can we handle the budget part in this scenario. Do we have to use Oracle Public Sector Budgeting or we can handle it using GL Budget functionality only.

Please respond ASAP.

Thanks and Regards
sundaram

Post by sundaram »

Hi
I have the experience of implementing PSB to a Government Entity. The Basic functionality of the PSB is to finalize the Budgetary requirments and budget revisions. Normal government budgetary requirements cannot be met using GL alone.

Your requirement strongly warrants the use of PSB.

Regards
Sundaram
knowledge

Post by knowledge »

Q- Can PSB be used with the "Commercial" eBsuiness Suite or must the industry be Government?
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Dear Sundaram

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain what all functionalities can we use from PSB for my requirement.

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks and Regards
Pooja
Hi
I have the experience of implementing PSB to a Government Entity. The Basic functionality of the PSB is to finalize the Budgetary requirments and budget revisions. Normal government budgetary requirements cannot be met using GL alone.

Your requirement strongly warrants the use of PSB.

Regards
Sundaram

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by sundaram - Sep 21 2007 : 05:07:51 AM</div id="right"></i>
sundaram

Post by sundaram »

Hi
PSB is included in normal Financials Licence.

Sundaram