No value in Set of Books LOV

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Pooja

No value in Set of Books LOV

Post by Pooja »

Hi

I have created a new business group in R12 and assigned legal entities to it.
Now when I create an employee in that group, in the assignment screen of People and Maintain, there is a Purchase Order information TAB.
Here we select SOB and assign an expense account to the employee.
But when I click on the SoB LOV, it get a message in status bar that NO VALUES FIND

please help in this...

Pooja
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

u must create a Primary ledger and assign it to the business group which u r using... !
Even though the caption stated in the Purchase order information TAB is SET OF BOOKS, the List of values displays only the primary ledgers created under that business group !
Try it out !!
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Sir, !!!! Thanks for the advice !!!!

But Primary Ledger/SoB creation is the first step in any kind of Implementation.
Also, Legal Entity Creation, Profile options assigning primary ledger has been done.
Still, I am not getting the LOV values.

Ne solutions??

Thanks and Regards
Pooja
u must create a Primary ledger and assign it to the business group which u r using... !
Even though the caption stated in the Purchase order information TAB is SET OF BOOKS, the List of values displays only the primary ledgers created under that business group !
Try it out !!

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981 - Sep 27 2007 : 03:26:17 AM</div id="right"></i>
admin

Post by admin »

karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Iam not sure...please check whether u have set the following profile options to your hrms responsibility which u r using for creating employees:
HR: Business Group , HR: Security Profile, GL: Data Access Set , GL: Ledger Name, MO:Operating Unit

Have u completed all related accounting options setup for your Primary ledger using Accounting setup manager ?

R u trying it in vision or test ?
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

In 11 I , we have to choose set of books first then only we can proceed further.

i think in R 12 also we need to select choose primary ledger, as a first step.