scenario doubt

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
shruthy

scenario doubt

Post by shruthy »

Hi All

Scenario is like this

On april 1st 2005 I entered into an agreement with xyz company, to purchase goods worth one crore rupees and the agreement starts from 1st april 2005 and ends on 31st march 2010

I started purchasing required goods from that xyz company as and when required. Accordingly I raised soo many invoices against that planned purchase for the last 2yrs and paid those invoices within due time??nothing is pending

Now from april 1st 2007 onwards whatever invoices I have raised, some partially paid and some are still due

Now iam implementing ERP oracle finacials ? assume that I am implementing all modules

Now as a client I ask one question:

I want all the data of that 5yr agreement, relating to what invoices I have raised and what invoices I have paid, including for years 2005-06 and 2006-07, should be brought into oracle. Otherwise part of information relating to this agreement(that is data relating to yrs 2005-06, and 2006-07) will be in legacy application and some in oracle

Now u tell me how u convert that fully paid invoices pertaining to those 2yrs into oracle

pls clarify me

my mail id: shruthy.apps@gmail.com

thanks in advance
ramu.parepalli

Post by ramu.parepalli »

Hi Shruti,

As per my knowledge all the financials pertaining to 2 or 3 years can be migrated to the related modules, which ofcourse is a Technical Consultants work to migrate the related data with the help of a Functional Consultant. The legacy application data will be migrated to the Interface or base Tables of related modules. Normally the tools used for data migration is Web ADI or Data Loader from a Flat File or a Excel File.

Request the blog to correct me I am wrong.

Regards,
Ram
Mobile : +91-9848625108
shruthy

Post by shruthy »

Hi Shruti,

As per my knowledge all the financials pertaining to 2 or 3 years can be migrated to the related modules, which ofcourse is a Technical Consultants work to migrate the related data with the help of a Functional Consultant. The legacy application data will be migrated to the Interface or base Tables of related modules. Normally the tools used for data migration is Web ADI or Data Loader from a Flat File or a Excel File.

Request the blog to correct me I am wrong.

Regards,
Ram
Mobile : +91-9848625108

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by ramu.parepalli - Oct 17 2007 : 10:48:06 PM</div id="right"></i>
thank u ramu for your reply
M Morton

Post by M Morton »

In Addition ;

There will be co-ordination required between two people. DBA from lagacy system and apps DBA. A study and analysis will be conducted as to what part or all of the data will be migrated. What changes will be required to make withing lagacy data ( using Excel ) in order to "validate" the old data. Its called Data Manupulation. Maping will be required.

Once its validated and ready to be imported in oracle, interface tables will be used and finally the data will hit the Base Tables.

Keep in mind Only The Balances will be moved. In most cases old transactions are kept for references in the shape of resports.