NO Ledger Value in define Tax Account screen, R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Pooja

NO Ledger Value in define Tax Account screen, R12

Post by Pooja »

HI,

While defining taxes in e-business tax in R12, I have defined Tax regime n other setups...
BUt while defining TAX ACCOUNTS for a tax, when I click on search ledger screen, it shows me only, Vision Operations (USA)as a ledger.
I am using a party type as Global Configuration and vision instance

Any kind of help will be appreciated
Regards
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

under the navigation Tax Configuration: Taxes > Tax > Tax Accounts
if you have selected your Configuration owner as Vision Operations, then you will have access to the ledger which is attached to that operating unit !
So if u select the configuration owner as the operating unit created by you, then you will see your ledger in the tax accounts screen !

If you want your Operating unit to appear under Configuration owner, you must create party tax profile options for your operating unit first !

All the Best !!!
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Thanks karthikeyanp1981 for the guidance

Can you please tell me what all values to be put in Party Tax Profile Options.

Thanks and Regards
if you have selected your Configuration owner as Vision Operations, then you will have access to the ledger which is attached to that operating unit !
So if u select the configuration owner as the operating unit created by you, then you will see your ledger in the tax accounts screen !

If you want your Operating unit to appear under Configuration owner, you must create party tax profile options for your operating unit first !

All the Best !!!

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981 - Oct 01 2007 : 02:04:12 AM</div id="right"></i>
karthikeyanp1981

Refer Metalink Note 419019.1 , i dont have a detailed documentation with respect to that ! Also refer E Buss Tax Userguide along side.. !
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Dear karthikeyanp1981

I have created the configuration owner as Global Configuration Owner instead of a particular Operating Unit.

I have created the Party Tax Profile options for my Operating Unit but still the ledger coming in tax accounts is Vision Operations.
Am I missing something else...
Please help..

Regards

All the Best !!!

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by karthikeyanp1981 - Oct 01 2007 : 02:04:12 AM</div id="right"></i>
kavitha.k

Post by kavitha.k »

Hi
I am also facing the same problem ie while defining taxes in e-business tax in R12, I have defined Tax regime n other setups...
BUt while defining TAX ACCOUNTS for a tax, when I click on search ledger screen, i am not able to find my ledger even though i have selected the configuration owner as the operating unit created by me.
Am i missing something else
Any kind of help will be appreciated
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Someone please help on the topic....
karthikeyanp1981

Hi all,
attaching relevant screen shots for the required setups with respect to Tax and Tax regimes !
Screen shots were taken from Solution beacon site, where when i tried, it displayed all Ledgers !

kavitha.k

Post by kavitha.k »

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for ur reply. Now i am able to select my ledger. But when i am creating tax jurisdiction i am not finding my defined tax in the list of values. Actually i have no idea of tax setups. So can anyone send me any document or ppt showing the complete setups of taxes.

Thanks
Kavitha