How to connect Oracle client 9i to Linux.- Appl DB

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
jos

How to connect Oracle client 9i to Linux.- Appl DB

Post by jos »

How to connect Oracle client 9i to Linux.- Appl Database?
I installed 11i Application on Linux. I would like use Oracle client-9i to use OEM to connect 11i Application Databse from WindowsXP to Linux server. I did install the Oracle client, when Net Configuration time gives error, not connecting to the Appl DB in Linux.

I did trail with another computer which is installed Oracle 91 DB is working fine.

How to solve it?
amirtai

Post by amirtai »

Hi

Did you try connecting directly to your linux box through VNC viewer . Just double check both Linux Server and cleint 9i <Oracle_home> \network\admin\tnsnames.ora has exactly same entries.

After matching all entries in both files trying using "tnsping <database name> from your client machine.

If still you are getting any error please feel free to post it here.

Thanks
Amir
jos

Post by jos »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Still not working (connecting) the Oracle 9i client, sqlplus, Core FTP, SQL Developer, SQL tools.
The VNC, PUTTY (telnet, FTP), and telnet is woring from PC, and also VNC viewr working from Linux.

The tnsname.ora is OK in the PC.
When try to test from the Net8 Eassy configaration it gives error:

Connecting....

The test did not succeed.
ORA-12570: TNS:packet reader failure

There may be an error in the fields entered
or the server may not be ready for a connection.
You can check the server and retry, or continue.

Please give a solution.

Thanks
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Seems you don't have document Oracle Applications 11i, R12 - Administration - 4.5 which you can get from http://www.erpstuff.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26 as you have to allow Oracle clients to connect. The steps are provided in the document. Thanks
mody_business

Post by mody_business »

I think u may install antivirus at ur machine try to uninstall it and connect
latif

Post by latif »

Hi,

If your oracle application version is 11.5.10.2 then try to disable sqlnet access
or make an entry of client 9i computer IP address in sqlnet.ora file of database node(ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/DBNAME_HOSTNAME/sqlnet.ora) file
and restart listener.
bye
Latif
molazwm

Post by molazwm »

Hi,

ensure that the service name in your client (winXP) is configured correctly.

You have to check the host name and the port used by the 11i DB (may be not 1521 as usual) you can get this information from the tnsnames.ora form the 11i server.

also on the 11i server check the sqlnet.ora.

Thanks,
Mohamed
waqar840

Post by waqar840 »

Dear

I have observed, when you configureing network servive through Net Configuration Assistant, if your service is giving error that time, problem is only there. There must be connection test sucessfully if your service created correctly. revise serivce request steps carefully.

I am working in linux environment, and our our team working in window environment i have not seen any type of error from O.S.

Regards,