Validation Fails

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
vankashok

Validation Fails

Post by vankashok »

HI Gurus,

I have one invoice which was created on 2002. NOw the user wants to cancell the invoice. The user reversed the distribution line before cancllation. after the cancellation the invoice is not getting accounted. when i see in back end neither adjustment event id not cancellation event id was generated. From front end in distribution lines the 2 distribution lines whcih were entered in 2002 has a status of need revalidation. But the invoice is cancelled I dont know how to validate the invoice. Plz suggest me what to do.

Thanks,
Ashok.
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

hi dear
u did not mentioned the ver so i did it in R12
1-if ur invoice is just saved reversing the distribution and cancel it did not generate any error
2-if ur invoice is just saved,validated, reversing the distribution and cancel it did not generate any error
3-if ur invoice is just saved,validated,accounted, reversing the distribution and cancel it now the status is partialy accounted now create accounting again will change it to yes (accounted status)
in every case i tested it myself but no error or like this generated,check it out the detail mentioned is right or some thing u missed something
puppala

Post by puppala »

once you cancel the invoice you can not do validation through Actions button. you need to submit program 'Invoice Validation' in some cases it happens. just try it once..... hope it will help U.
divakerp

Post by divakerp »

Dear Ashok,

Hope you might be on 11.5.5/11.5.7. In these version (as per my experience) there is a cancelled invoice Bug (accounting status is showing partial i think..)

And these transanction are not accounted as accounting period being closed. There is no action can be done. The only way is to run the undoaccounting script which will be provided by oracle. I suggest you to raise SR with Oracle and upload the aplisth of that particular invoice.