Bank Charges

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
thinktank

Bank Charges

Post by thinktank »

Hi
Please let me what is the purpose and how to use the bank charges section in the bank setup .

Has anyone used this ? Is this related to cashmanagement usage . Kindly throw some light ?

Thanks
ush

Post by ush »

Hi there,
Well, banks collect extra sevice charges for paying your bills, or transfer funds to external (your supplier, buyer banks) banks.
these charges may differ depending on the transaction amount.

so if you see the bank charges form. you could notice that, you need to enter details of "transfering bank" and "receiving bank", and down under you need to enter the bank charges for a certain amount range.

say under <b>transaction amount</b>

to:2000 ASD

under <b>bank charges</b>

standard (regualr bank charges without any discounts as such) 5 ASD
negotiable (its get defaulted asa you enter the satandard bank charges)

under <b>Tolerance</b>
limit --i am not sure abt this, but i think its maximum charges you can incurr on this range.

Effective dates: you know

thus , when ever there is any transaction between the above defined banks, the system assigns the pre defined bank charges.

i hope this helps

regards

harsha
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Dear Harsha,

could you brief me required setup steps for Bank charges.

regards
Anjani Kumar
benny

Post by benny »

Dear Members,

If anyone has worked on bank charges, kindly let us know the setups, the accounting part and from where the Bank charges account defaults.
Your replies are appreciated.

Thanks.
Ben[?]