How to setup Receipt for this scenario?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Pooja

How to setup Receipt for this scenario?

Post by Pooja »

Hi

One of the requirements of our client is that the Miscellaneous Receipts which they create should hit a Clearing Account first and then when the check given by the customer clears, then the clearing operation is done in the system and the accounting to the cash account be done.

Also, at any given time they should be able to see what all checks from the customers have not been cleared till now.

I have tried it by making a Receipt Class with Manual Creation, Standard Remittance and By Matching Clearing option, but not able to do any accounting for that receipt with this.

Please Suggest!!
Pooja
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

I do not understand what do you mean by "not able to do any accounting for that receipt"

Can you tell us what accounting transaction does it create?

Regards
Sivakumar
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

It does not create any accounting transaction. Online Accounting does not work and when I try to do accounting thru "Create Accounting" request, it ends with a warning and without any accounting being generated

Hi

I do not understand what do you mean by "not able to do any accounting for that receipt"

Can you tell us what accounting transaction does it create?

Regards
Sivakumar

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by SIVAKUMAR_G - Mar 12 2008 : 05:00:58 AM</div id="right"></i>
suvrendubose

Post by suvrendubose »

Hi Pooja,

You try with Receipt class "Manual Creation, No Remittance & By Matching Clearing Option".

Hope it will work.

thanks
Suvrendu
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

HI Suvrendu

I tries with these options and it work but i think with no remittance i am not meeting my desired functionality

My requirement is:
1. when a receipt is created, it shud credit the Cash Clearing account first
2. when i do manual clearing in CM, it then credit my actual bank account and debit the cash clearing account.

Please suggest how is this possible.