prepayment issue

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
sujitha

prepayment issue

Post by sujitha »

hi,

I hav a scenario...my client has 4 locations, one HQ and three branches(companies)

Now the issue is regarding the prepayemnts to the common vendors...client wants it to be done from HQ only..

and three branches(companies) can apply the available prepayments..is it possible..if so how wud we account these and reconcile..since the actual payemnt would be lessen for the branches.
byswamy

Post by byswamy »

Hi,

As my understanding you have defined 4 OU's, supplier site works always in OU level,

I think It is not possible.

Thanks
sujitha

Post by sujitha »

Hi Swamy..

Thanks...but I hav one question..

Lets think that HQ has made a prepayment to x supplier for Rs10000.
Now company A has to make a payment of 12000 to same X company..while invoicing actions..it(companyA) applies the prepayment available ...so the actual payment gone out of Comapny A is only Rs2000...so how to account the remaining 10000..can we use the intercomapny setup to make the adjustment..and pay the HQ
byswamy

Post by byswamy »

Hi ,
As You said
Just I am giving information
that X supplier will be same, but here Hq balancing segment and A balancing segment are in R11 we assume that one OU(responsbility) = one balancing segment.
When your create prepayment, prepayment A/c and Liability A/c both will be defaulted from supplier site itself(given Account code combination).

According to this example:
Lets think that HQ has made a prepayment to x supplier for Rs10000.
Now company A has to make a payment of 12000 to same X company..while invoicing actions..it(companyA) applies the prepayment available ...so the actual payment gone out of Comapny A is only Rs2000...so how to account the remaining 10000..can we use the intercomapny setup to make the adjustment..and pay the HQ

If i am not wrong I think you are working all segments in one responsibility. that is what it is showing availble balance.

Thanks
swamy

Now Just think..
cnubandi

Post by cnubandi »

Hi Sujitha,

<b>As per my Knowledge </b>

Multi Org Has some <font color="blue"><i>limitation Regarding Data Security</i></font id="blue">
With the exception of data that is shared across organizations,<font color="red"><u>all data is secured and striped by Operating Unit </u> </font id="red"> .Multiple Organizations enabled products do not support viewing data across operating Units .

Means in your case only Supplier Header Information can share from another operating unit.Not Sites and other information...
sujitha

Post by sujitha »

Hi Cnubandi

As you said only Supplier Header Information can share from another operating unit.Not Sites and other information...accecpted... but for that supplier if one OU has made a prepayment..and some other OU has to make a payment..the prepayment available with that supplier is overlooked or not considered!!!

How far it is justified..
sujitha

Post by sujitha »

Hi

Can someone clear my issue
pinnaka.financial

Post by pinnaka.financial »

hi,
sujatha,

As per my knowledge it is not possible.

As per your ur openion supplier informar share entire Business group level,where as supplier site information restricted to Operating unit level.
so all the invoices store at site level only not supplier level.

Asper your question

Head quarter have to pay the amount(prepayment) so it has to raised the prepayment invoice,where as operating unit A raised its standard invoice

HERE YOU HAVE TO MATCH WITH INVOICE TO INVOICE,BUT NOT INVOICE TO SUPPLIER
(i.e prepayment invoice apply/unapply to standard invoice)
There is a profile option when you r define Business group HR:security- Profile That provides security between two operating units

I think so this is helpful to u

Thanks
Satyanarayana.P