Miscellaneous issue form customization

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
AIMAM

Miscellaneous issue form customization

Post by AIMAM »

Hello,

The form mentioned above is INVTTMTX with Form Version : 11.5.239.
the user is requesting the following customizations to the form:

-Use the Reference field to hold a list of values of names that currently have no reference in the system.
-Add a descriptive flexfield to the form; should hold a seial number for the miscelaneous transactions that should be generated automatically.

I need guidance because I don't know how to the above and what tools shall i use. Detailed instructions and an action plan will be very helpful.

ALso,

how can i decide which table to use, to register the DFF?
how am i going to create a structure column in the table?
How am i going to enable the DFF in the form without opening a .fmb file from the form builder?
Even better to show me where can i find the .fmb files of oracle applications.

Details will be appreciated.

Thank you...
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

This query is long overdue but I still answer the question asked.

how can i decide which table to use, to register the DFF?
<span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>DDFs and corresponding tables are already defined and associated by oracle for you. So you don't have to worry about the table to associate for existing DFFs. All you do is to invoke DFFs </span id='hl'>
how am i going to create a structure column in the table?
<span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>for most of the tables DFFs columsn are already defined and mostly they are segment1,segment2,segment3.....segment n</span id='hl'>
How am i going to enable the DFF in the form without opening a .fmb file from the form builder?
<span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>Whats form you are opening. Let me know the responsibilitry and navigation path and I'll dig down the associated DFFs</span id='hl'>
Even better to show me where can i find the .fmb files of oracle applications
<span id='hl' style='background-color: yellow'>All oracle forms(.fmb) can be find $AU_TOP/forms directory. </span id='hl'>

Cheers
admin

Post by admin »

All the steps are documented in Oracle Applications 11i, R12 - Administration,

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16

Thanks