payment batch process

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
duppy

payment batch process

Post by duppy »

Hello every body,

We are implementing R12 for our client,And i am unable to find out the payment batch process.

i would be very happy if some one provides me with SETUP for payment batch.

Thanks in advance,
duppy
shweta.gupta

Post by shweta.gupta »

Hi Duppy,

Make sure that the prerequisites given below are done before making Batch payment -

Pre-requisites ?

1. On the Bank Account Search page, select the bank account you use for
processing, click the 'Manage Payment Documents' button.

2. On the Payment Documents page, query up the Payment Document

3. Click on Update and check if you have attached the Payment Document Category. If not, please attach one.

4. For the targeted payment document category in Sysadmin responsibility, check if you created a new sequence and assigned this sequence to your document category.

5. For setting up document at bank account and payment method level.
In the cash management responsibility: When create/update bank accounts, in the Account Access page, when you create/up date an organization access, in the Account Access Options page, under 'Payables Options', expand/show the 'Payment Document Categories by Payment Method' section. Under this section, you can 'Add A Row' to add the payment doc category or update the existing ones.

6. Define Payment Process Profile (Payables > Setup > Payments > Payment Administrator > Update Payment Process Profile > Create

Thanks
Shweta
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

Dear shweta.gupta
i have tried alot to run the payment manager successfull but every time it ends in warning in the process for check printing where as the invoice status is selected for payment....i myself tried alot to rectify but after reading the file from the view log at the end there is a message which i searched it in metalink that u have to select the physical printer...plz share ur knowldge if u experience any thing like of this
banutinku

Post by banutinku »

Hi Khan,

If your Printer is set to on and then when you are trying to run Payment Batch process then you will receiving warning message for Check Print program.

As per my exp. please try to set printer options in concurrent program as NoPrint and then try to run once again and let me know whether you are receiving same warning message or not.

Since the program unable to find out on which printer to print then it throws warning message.

Regards,
Bhanu
duppy

Post by duppy »

Hi Shweta,

Thanks a lot for your respond. I fallowed the setups and its working,
but i have another problem while doing payment batches when submitting single request . It is showing as CANCELLED -INVOICE NOT SELECTED.
amicguys

Post by amicguys »

hi,
As our friends said You can find that in the payment manager level and rest u mught be knowing
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

although there is validated invoices available but system-payment manager is not catering those invoices in making payment