Delete/purge old modules for Re implementation

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
mhpkokgc

Delete/purge old modules for Re implementation

Post by mhpkokgc »

Dears,

WE want to re implement financial,inventory,purchaing and order management modules on existing instance,but we were doing transactions in thes modules from aug 2007 to apr 2008,How we can delete old data from these modules,what are the options to do it.

Thanks
Munawar
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Munawar

I would like to inform you that I understand from your meaning you will re implement the current modules with the another setup (ex. change COA, set of books, inventory organizations...).

So if you want delete the old data my suggest is that make another prod server & implement all new modules according to your business then make the new prod server is the life server & ignore the old one.

This solution if you want delete the old transaction & don't keep it.
Hope I can help you

Thanks
Hisham Zaki
mhpkokgc

Post by mhpkokgc »

Dear Hisham Zaki,
Thanks for quick response, we want to re implement for only one
SOB , but we have multiple SOB on the server. We dont want to keep un necessary data after re implmentation.

Regards
Munawar
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Dear Munawar,

I think you can choose the solution I told you before in case you don't want keep the old transaction because all old transactions already record in the database with the exist SOB so if you want to delete the old data I think it's very difficult & may be need support from metalink.

Any way you can choose other solution by re implement the SOB & re-define all current modules to use the new SOB but the old data you will keep it. this is my opinion.

Regards
Hisham
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi,

If u want reimplement the module for one SOB as fresh implementation with the present server by deleting earlier data you can take back up with the help of Tech and DBA people. They will take Cloning the earlier data and they will keep in separate. Then for fresh implementation , better you maintain 2 instances one Development and Production.

Moreover deleting the data is not a big issue , due to this if you want to retrive any previous data and any customization information then u will be soup. So better take cloning earlier information and start fresh implementation according to your business requirement.
mhpkokgc

Post by mhpkokgc »

Dear Hisham and murthyoracle
Thanks for support and guidance.
Regards
Munawar