Internal bank account

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
malick

Internal bank account

Post by malick »

Hi guys,
I am a little bit confused about these terms:

internal bank........external?
internal account.........external?
internal sales order
external sales order
Suppliers account

Can someone explane to me their meaning and usage please?
If some of them don't exist at all let me know also.
Thanks
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi malick

I hope I can help you for some terms.

When you define the bank, your choose the account use of this bank:
1) Internal -- this used when I define the bank I will use it in AP and AR (my banks).

2) Customer -- this used when you define the customer's bank which the customer can paid to you through this bank (Customer's bank).

3) Supplier -- this used when you define the supplier's bank which the you can paid to supplier through this bank (supplier's bank).
-------------------------------------------------------------
The suppliers account -- when you define a supplier you must define the accounts which each supplier will use it when you make the transaction with him.
1) Prepayment account -- This is used when you want to put all prepayment transaction for the suppliers in a separate account. It should be an asset account.

2) Liability account -- This is used for all transactions for the suppliers & this is the real account for the suppliers. It should be a liability.

3) Future date payment -- This is used when you paid to supplier by check & the check payment will be available after specific time (ex after 1 week from check made) so you can see all checks will be decrease your balance in the bank according to this account & it used to separate the transaction between when the supplier get the check & the supplier get his amounts.

Hope I can help you to understand these terms.

Thanks
Hisham
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi malick,

Internal Order:

When u are dealing with Inter company transactions, One Company Receivable company and One Company will be Payable company. Here one company will raise sales order agaisnt another company which is in the same group. This sales order will be called as Internal sales order.

External Sales Order:

when u are dealing with Outside Customers, you have to receive the Sales order from the Customer , basing on the Sales order you will supply the goods to your customer. This sales order will be called as External Sales order.

If i am wrong please navigate me.

regards,
Murthyoracle