Bank creation in R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
asubramaniam

Bank creation in R12

Post by asubramaniam »

This is relating to AR. We have 4 OU?s and respective OU will raise sale transaction against their sale. But all 4 OU?s collection / receipt is deposited in one common bank account that is attached with one single OU. In this case how to apply other operating Units receipts, since other sale transaction are there in respective OU's

Can any pl help me the work around solution for this in R12 12.0.4 version ?

Will it possible to create the same bank to all OU?s to apply the receipts? If yes, Pl explain required setup?s.

Else, is there any other way to handle this scenario? Pl explain.

If you feel that you more details to help me on this scenario, you can buzz me on 9731308704.

Thanks
Subramaniam
a.subramaniam@yahoo.co.in
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi,

I have to check out in 11.5.10 version. I will give u solution for this .

But in R12 u can access it. because u will define ur back TCA. The main thing it will work on Ledger concept instead of SOBs. In ledger u will define Legal entities and assign balancing Values to LE and Operating units . These all are assigned to Ledger. In receipt window u can find Legal entity and OUs option there u can select according to ur OU and LEs. So can access your bank and bank accounts ( accounts type should be same).
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

The simple concept what we have in R12 is Banks are owned by Legal entities . That mean all the operating units under that legal Entity can access Bank accounts. So select the same bank account for depositing the receipts from customers for the sales made thru different operating units.

Regards,
Shashi.
anuragagarwal1980

Post by anuragagarwal1980 »

Hi Shashi,

Just to add to what you have mentioned. In Release 12 though the bank is owned by LE, it is not by defualt that all OU's associated with that LE will be able to access the Bank. You will need to again assign the specific OU's within that Legal Entity which needs to have access to bank.

Hence to the original query raise, the answer would be first assign the LE as sugested by shashi and then associate the requisite OU's to the bank.

Regards
Anurag
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Anurag,

I have a doubt in the same context. I booked sales in 2 different OUs and I received a Single cheque for both OUs Outsatnding, in this case hw can I apply this receipt to 2 OUs.

Can I able to see other OU Trnasactions??

Could u pls explain in detail.....

Thanks
Nagaramesh

[quote]Hi Shashi,

Just to add to what you have mentioned. In Release 12 though the bank is owned by LE, it is not by defualt that all OU's associated with that LE will be able to access the Bank. You will need to again assign the specific OU's within that Legal Entity which needs to have access to bank.

Hence to the original query raise, the answer would be first assign the LE as sugested by shashi and then associate the requisite OU's to the bank.

Regards
Anurag

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by anuragagarwal1980