Refund to Supplier and from Supplier in AP

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Murthyoracle

Refund to Supplier and from Supplier in AP

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Folks,

I am version 11.5.10

I got a requirement for , Refund from supplier and Refund to Supplier in AP Only. The Refund Supplier Scenario is, Our ogranisation has taken Security deposit 2000$ , now the same has to be refunded to supplier. The client requirement is accepting the Security Deposit and Refund to Supplier from AP only. Is their any work around possible. In AR i Can have solution and querry is already available.

So Group may help to me by sharing their ideas with the necessary setups.

thanks and regards,
Murthyoracle
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Murthyoracle

According to my understand from your scenario is that your company will take security deposit 2000$ from the supplier.

So you can create DM / CR in the invoice form (put your account no according to your business in the distribution) & payment this DM / CM by using refund type.

When your company will refund this amount to supplier, you can make a standard invoice with this amount & choose the same account no you put it in the DM / CR then payment this invoice.

I hope I can help you according to my understand for your issue.

Thanks
Hisham
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Hisham ,

thanks for your reply. How the accounts will be satisfied. How the Debit Memo will be matched.

thanks and regards,
Murthyoracle
mostafa

Post by mostafa »

hey Folks

If u want to refund supplier make credit memo with the same amount then
pay it the payment type will be refund and ur entry
banks 2000
liability 2000
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Murthyoracle

When I create a debit memo I choose for ex. an account 1234 in the disruption & the total debit memo will be = (1000$) with negative sign. So when I validate this debit memo & create account process will be
Dr. \ Supplier account 2215
Cr. \ Account 1234
Then when you pay this debit by using refund type & create account process it will be:
Dr. \ Bank account 1551
Cr. \ Supplier account 2215

If you want to refund this amount to supplier then you can make a standard invoice wit the total amount 1000$ then put the previous account in the disruption:
Dr.\ Account 1234
Cr.\ Supplier account 2215
Then pay to this supplier by check or cash.

By this way the accounts will be satisfied

Thanks
Hisham,