Unable to apply Refund Activity against Credit Mem

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
surfraz_urs

Unable to apply Refund Activity against Credit Mem

Post by surfraz_urs »

Hi ,
I have created a Credit memo for Rs.100 /- . I want to Apply this credit meme against Refund Activity through Front end.
Navigation is Transaction Screen -> Actions -> Application .
When i select Refund Activity in the Activity Screen and Tab out Applied amount is Defaulting as -100 Rs...When i am trying to save the record it is giving me the Error message "APP-AR-295224: Only positive refund amounts are allowed"...When i changed the Amount to +ve value ( 100 Rs.) and tried to save the record it is again giving different Error "APP-AR-295232: You cannot refund more than the credit memo amount".

Can anybody tell me what is the Problem . Why i am not able to Apply Refund Activity against "Credit Memo".

Thanks & Regards,
Surfraz Mitegar
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi,

Could u pls let me know how u created this Credit Memo? because If u created this credit memo directly from Transaction window by selecting class as Credit memo (On account) with out any Transaction reference then u can refund the same from Actions > Application.

If u created in other way i.e. Actions > Credit, then u cant refund the same, i.e. in application window it defaults the amount and u r unable 2 select refund activity.... bcas i.e. reffered to a Particular Transaction u need to apply to that transaction only.

Hi friends pls currect / add more.....

cheers
nagaramesh