is it possible to insert back dated calendar

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
fayyaz.tak

is it possible to insert back dated calendar

Post by fayyaz.tak »

Hi
Is it possible to insert back dated calendar if there is not transaction done on it but i have done the setups task of GL module and AP module.

i have inserted the calendar into the Setup > Financial > Calendar > Accounting

here i inserted the back date calendar if i save and close it and send for the request it will not complete the request normal it will gives the warning

log file is that

current NLS_LANG and NLS_Numeric_characters

these period are not come where we open or close the periods

How can i resolve this issue

Regards
Fayyaz Tak
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Not sure whether GL will allow it or not......u better search on metalink and if possible then open SR for the issue and update us as well.

thanks,

AMAN
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Fayaz i have checked it on R12 its working.

I have defined a calender XX cal for Year 2008 from 1 Jan to 31 Dec after saving it i add a month of previous yea 2007 it saved and creates no problem for me.

If any one have any other findings then please update us.

You can review following document from metalink
General Ledger Calendar FAQ
Doc ID: Note:134362.1 Type: FAQ
Last Revision Date: 16-FEB-2008
fayyaz.tak

Post by fayyaz.tak »

i am complete the setup of ASM and no transaction is done so far now

First the setup is done with the period from 01-jul-08 to 30-june-09 ok i freeze all the things and only open the period of july and august

then i will insert the back dated calendar from 01-jul-07 to 30-june-08 or the calendar of previous year ok it is inserted properly and then we are going to save button it will generate a request id that is not completed normal it is completed with the status complete with warnings.

then i will go for opening period of last year i.e. 01-jul-07 to 30-jun-08 that are not come in the LOV for open this period.
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

<b>ok i freeze all the things and only open the period of july and august</b>

If you have open the periods then there are not peanuts for you man do make a new setup :(
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

During ASM setup u open july-08 as first period because of this you cannot see new past inserted calender periods in LOV.

Check whether you can re-define your opening period in ASM.....as i dont think it will allow u to change ur opening period.
fayyaz.tak

Post by fayyaz.tak »

ok sir i will do? but a little bit issue is this it will effect on the AP and PO and INV module but i can't change the legal entity and operating only change the ASM setup ? have you ever tested it.
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

There can be only one issue wheter ur LE date is defined as on 01-jul-08, in such case you can change ur LE date as well to past date ... and if ASM allow you to change opening period then u can simply open past periods in GL, AP and other modules as well.