UNABLE TO UPDATE THE PRICE IN A CLOSED STATUS P.O.

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
rbvgrs

UNABLE TO UPDATE THE PRICE IN A CLOSED STATUS P.O.

Post by rbvgrs »

Dear friends,

I am not able update the price after doing the following steps. Please let me know whether I am going in a right way. If not, please let me know the right path to achieve the price updation in a closed PO.

N: Purchase Order Summary --> Selected the required PO number from LOV in "Find Purchase Orders" window --> Find --> Being on the "Purchase Order Headers" window, Clicked on Tools --> Clicked on Control --> Clicked on Open from Actions tab --> OK --> OK --> Clicked on open in the "Purchase Order Headers" window --> Trying to update the price in the line and consequently resulting FRM-40200: Field is protected against update.

Earliest response is appreciated.

Thanx and regards,
Srinivas.
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

After Closing in a purchase order you can't change Anything
rbvgrs

Post by rbvgrs »

Dear Ahmad Bilal,

Thankyou very much your response.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, we can update some parameters even in a CLOSED status Purchase Order by opening it in the following manner.

N: Purchase Order Summary --> Selected the required PO number from LOV in "Find Purchase Orders" window --> Find --> Being on the "Purchase Order Headers" window, Clicked on Tools --> Clicked on Control --> Clicked on Open from Actions tab --> OK --> OK --> Clicked on open in the "Purchase Order Headers" window -->

But, we cannot open a "COMPLETELY CLOSED" status Purchase Order for any updation.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanx and regards,
Srinivas.
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Yes you are right you can change a closed purchase order but not finally closed purchase order. I thought purchase order is in Final Closed status
I faced this problem in one of my implementation but not with standard purchase order and I raised SR they referred me to a patch
This issue is fixed in file POXDOCON.pld version 115.51
Fix: Apply Patch 3090229
The Fix is also included in 11i_PRC_PF.I.

Secondly

The Pre-requisite for modifying a closed PO Line is that you have to be the Owner of that PO Document. If you want to re-open a PO Line for Invoicing, then you need to have the necessary privileges.
For this, you have to set up the access rights in the 'Document Type' form. In this case, if you want anyone to be able to open a closed line for invoicing. Navigate to: - Purchasing -> Setup -> Purchasing -> Document Types. Select your document - i.e. Standard PO.Set the 'Security level' to 'Public' and the 'Access level' to 'Full'.