What is gap?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
srisri.reddy

What is gap?

Post by srisri.reddy »

hi everybody,

what is gap? send me one gap example?
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

HI srisri.reddy,

For your question we need more explanation about which GAP you asked for.

Thanks
Hisham
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

I think you would like to know what is Gap analysis

Gap Analys will emerge out of current Business Model (RD020 of AIM Process) and Future Business Model (BP080 of AIM Process)

This is prepared in BR010 (Gap Analysis Document)

What will be recorded in Gap analysis is that there is a Business requirement which cannot be met with the standard functionality
and you need to provide some sort of work around or You need to do some Customization or Forms Personlization to meet the requirement.

This will raise a Question Do we need to record the workaround issues also in Gap document. My advise is to record the same, because it will serve the purpose that you have identified there is Business requirement and you have provided a workaround solution, then you will explain the Pros and cons of the solution also in Gap Document. This will help at any point of time in future

Examples:
a) You have a Supplier name ABC Corp and the Business requirement is only for check issue purpose they want the checks to be issued in the name of Sivakumar. This is not possible with standard functionality. You have two choices
i) Either Customize the check Program to pick up the Name Sivakumar from Descriptive Flexfield where you store the name or
ii) write the name in Invoice Header description and pick it from there

b) You have issued PO Contract for USD 100000 and Supplier has partly completed 20000 USD work and raises a bill. Supplier Contract says 10% of every Payment needs to be retained for one year

i) You can use the Withholding Tax functionality as workaround

ii) You define Payment terms with 90% with 30 Days dueand 10% with due date after 360 Days and make the second line put it on hold manually. So the second line will not show up when you make a Payment batch

Hope this helps

regards
Sivakumar
k_amjad

Post by k_amjad »

pls any ane give me some gaps this usefull

thanks and regards
khan
khan003.apps@gmail.com
sonmyth

Post by sonmyth »

[quote]pls any ane give me some gaps this usefull

thanks and regards
khan
khan003.apps@gmail.com

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by k_amjad
sonmyth

Post by sonmyth »

Hi Khan,

GAP analysis helps you to discuss the size and nature of the gap between your current situation and where you want to be in future in a definite time period.

1. assess the current processes.
2. define the desired future processes
3. compare the major differences between current and future positions (gap analysis).

hope this helps.
lakshmi krishna

Post by lakshmi krishna »

any one have gl gaps customazation pls give me

now i am in job searching

it is usefull for me

thanks and regards
khan