AP - ap invoice interface

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kalyankmohanta

AP - ap invoice interface

Post by kalyankmohanta »

Hi,
When u transfer the data from interface table ie ap_invoice_interface and ap_invoice_line_interface to the base table .what kind of error is found.plx give me some example of the error and how do u fix this error
thanks
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

There are many number of errors that are possible, will name few what i can recollect at this point ....
1) Period can be closed in AP for the transactions which you are importing
2) Account code combinations can be blocked by Cross Validation rules
3) Can have duplicate invoice number

In such cases, correct the data and again upload the fresh corrected data and run the interface program, so it updates the base tables.
admin

Post by admin »

4) Sequence not found.
turbo

Post by turbo »

But for me, When I transfer the data from interface table ie ap_invoice_interface and ap_invoice_line_interface to the base table, it don't issue any error. So I don't know what did I fail!
Can You help me!
Thanks alot
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Turbo

As I understood that you have loaded the data in AP invoice Interface tables and when you are running the Payable open interface , is the program complete in normal status/failed ? the concurrent output has no details ?

If this is the situation, You can enable debug switch on the Open payable interface program so you will be able to know the issues.

If you getting any exceptions in the concurrent program output ? You can check in ap_interface_rejections table for details ? you can pinpoint the rejected record in the interface table by linking the Invoice_id in Interface Rejection table and AP open Interface tables. Correct those data and run the program again .

Always validate the data for your business rules and validate all the data values are valid (like vendor_id , Pay group , source, Code combinations, invoice number , Supplir site ) in the application before loading the data into the AP interface tables for all the data values and use the logic "All or None ? for data validations. This will help to reduce your interface rejections .

Check that all the known patches are applied ?
Check , your Oracle application has more than one operating unit and check you are using the right responsibility for the operating unit for submitting the program for importing invoices.
Check all the required Profile options (ike ,MO operating unit ,GL set of books) are assigned ?

There are many documents in Metalink for known invoice import program issues. Please refer them .

Please reply back that you have resolved the issue .
Joy Thomas