What is the different between EIT and SIT?

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

In this topic I will Publish a table contain all different between EIS and SIT to lat you deiced which one you will used manipulate your data in Oracle HR, please anyone have any question let me know it before that.
alruwaished
mohammedahmed1966

Post by mohammedahmed1966 »

[quote]What is the different between EIT and SIT?
In this topic I will Publish a table contain all different between EIS and SIT to lat you deiced which one you will used manipulate your data in Oracle HR, please anyone have any question let me know it before that.
alruwaished

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by alruwaished
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

This is maybe the main deferent between EIT and SIT
<b>SIT's are Key Flexfield. Then</b>
In the data entry When you create new segment combinations, the system will first check to see whether that combination already exists in the table before creating a row in the database. If the combination does exist, the system only retrieves the ID of the row it found. The system therefore has to scan through the whole SIT combinations table. If this is very large, performance could be an issue.

<b>EIT's are a type of Descriptive Flexfield.</b>
In the data entry When you create new segment combinations, the row is just inserted into the appropriate table (without checking whether the combination already exists). There is now full scan of the underlying table and so performance shouldn't be affected by the size of the table. EIT's have advantages in large scale or global implementations where you may want to transfer large volumes of information between separate installations.
The validation by user hook works on-line with EIT through the PUI and HRSS, but it works on-line with SIT through the PUI and after the final approver approval through the HRSS

The on-line segment default doesn?t work with the EIT through the HRSS, but it works with the SIT through the HRSS (in case of read only segment)

SIT's are primarily attached to people. They can also be used with Jobs, Positions, and Activities (in OTA), but with skill meaning (competencies).

EIT's can be attached to People, Assignment, Job, Position, Location and Organization (via a classification)

SIT?s form has a start date and end date associated with the SIT row. EIT form do not have start and end dates. If you want to create dated information, then you would have to use two of the EIT flexfield attributes to store this information.

SIT's have a folder that you can query to match certain criteria.
Nav.: View> Lists> People by Special Information
EIT's do not have a pre-defined folder.

SIT's For OTA, development is renaming their use of SIT's against activities from "Skills" to more generic "Other Information." This is a part of adding the real competencies to activities.

EIT's can be used to capture different country-specific information for organizations, locations, people or assignments when your operations across national boundaries.