About Oracle HRMS

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
jamal

About Oracle HRMS

Post by jamal »

Assalamu-ali-kum,

I am currently working as oracle apps developer and i want to move to oracle hrms module. i want an advice if you can give me please.

1. wat are the pre-requisites for oracle hrms functional consultant.
2. can a developer also be a functional consultant i mean if he/she does not have any business concept.

the last and the most important thing is if you know any good place in pakistan any city from where i can get this course, and would let me know.

i will be waiting for the above information and will be realy gr8 full to you if you can just give me this information.

regards,
jamal
maajid

Post by maajid »

Pre-reqs would be to know how to use the core HR module. Ie. understanding what can be done functionally using this module. Also there is a lot of setup options so knowing what can be customised and how would also be required.

Without having knowledge of how HR fits into Oracle Apps and not knowing the processes, i do not think you could be a consultant.

However, if you go into support or can be recruited as a junior consultant then i am sure you can become a full blown hr consultant in a few years.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Hi Majid,

thanks alot for your reply. but i think if some one take the course for HRMS so course must include those options, like setup options and other stuff, but my point is like for finance we need to know some accounting information, is there something like that or only HRMS course is enough to become a functional consultant.
once again thanks a million.

regards,
jamal
Atif

Post by Atif »

For oracle HRMS thier are two types of people
1)Functional consultant
2)Technical consultant
Now functional and technical consultants are also required for other modules but thier is a difference.In oracle HRMS the techincal consultant is as important as the functional consultant bcz the implementation requires so many things that only a technical person can do like API's,Data pump,migration of data from legacy system,writing of Fast formulas for the implementation of payroll,defining of task flows,development of customized reports,knowledge of oracle application frame work and personalization for Self service HR etc
As far as pre reqs are concerned , knowing how to use the module is not an only pre req, knowing the business process is the pre req.
and yes a technical person can definitely be a functional infact in my opinion he can be far better than a pure functional consultant.
At time trainings are offered at various places. I wish this great forum could provide a link about trainings of various modules offered by Oracle in pakistan.
Hope it will be helpful
Atif
jamal

Post by jamal »

Assalamu-ali-kum,

Dear Mr.Atif thanks alot for your reply and clear details, i am realy thankfull to you for your nice support and i think you have a greate idea
about the links if this greate forum contains for trainings offered by oralce pakistan.

Now one last thing if you have any contact way of oracle pakistan training centers and can forward it to me , it will help me alot.

Thanks alot.
jamal
admin

Post by admin »

I have requested Oracle Pakistan to provide the detailed information so let me get the response and will share with you. Oracle University is cunducting such trainings. I have information but would like to have updated one from Oracle. thanks
jamal

Post by jamal »

Thanks alot for the effort you are doing, I realy appreciate your efforts.
regards,
jamal
jhasan

Post by jhasan »

This is very interesting as said by Mr. Atif that
"in my opinion he can be far better than a pure functional consultant."

Just wondering that if the client asks Mr. Atif (a technical person) that how the concept of Job Evaluation is managed by Oracle HRMS and can Oracle HRMS manage the HR concept of "BARS".

What would a technical HRMS consultant answer?
admin

Post by admin »

1)Functional consultant
2)Technical consultant

The above mentioned are totally separate responsibilities but knowing each others area is not bad, but not mandatory.

Thanks
Mustangboy

Post by Mustangboy »

Salam Friends & Ramadan Kareem,

I am not being much of a help to anyone yet but instead I am having some clarifications...I hope you guys can help me out.

Right now we are implementing the Oracle ERP and I have been assigned to work as the HRMS Functional Team Leader. That sure will give me a very good insight of the roles & responsibilities of the HRMS Functional Consultant....

BUT, if I wanna be techo-functional, what other courses/trainings should I take up to reach the goal...

Responses will be highly appreciated...

Thanks a lot,
Abdul Samad