Received item in OU different than PO OU

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
hiszaki

Received item in OU different than PO OU

Post by hiszaki »

Hi All

I need your support to can solve this issue. we have central purchasing department & multi branches so purchasing department create PO in all branches and need each branch to receive their quantities only.

Ex. I have Central OU and create PO in this OU. now I have 3 branches (A - B - C) and each branch created on different OU.

my question, is there any solution to can create one PO then each branch can received their quantities?

Wait for your reply ASAP

Thanks
Hisham
mjunaid

Post by mjunaid »

Yes there is a solution if you are using R12 you can create One PO having One line but three different Shipments mentioning Inventory ORGS of those branches.

For receiving the material you have create inventory responsibilities with org access of that relevant branch but MO:OPERATING UNIT profile option should be PO operating unit. From that responsibility you can see only those PO which are raised in that other OU for this branch (only relevant shipment). In this case payment will also be from same OU from where your are raising PO.
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Thanks mjunaid for your reply.

If you please explain with more details (functionality) how I can add 3 different shipments in the PO although these inventory organizations related to different OU that the PO OU?

Thanks
Hisham