Disable one operating unit and Create new Opera

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
fin_mate@yahoo.com

Disable one operating unit and Create new Opera

Post by fin_mate@yahoo.com »

Hi All,
Iam working on an upgrade project and I need your help on one of requirement of my client.
1. Disable one operating unit: My client has two OUs A and B in Singapore region. Now they want to disable the OU
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi fin_mate

For first step(disable OU), you must first start to add all inventory organization to OU "A" which already exist in OU "B" and define all transactions in other modules AP-AR-GL-PO-INV-WIP.... to can start under 1 OU.

All transactions must be transfer to new organizations as a starting balance for example you get all items with quantities in inventory organization ZXC under OU "B" then upload these items in new organization QWE uder OU "A" and start the business transactions.

Almost you will work as a new implementation in this step.

For second step (create new OU), I think it will be like the same except you first define new OU then create new inventory organizations and all setup needed to start the transactions in this OU.

For my knowledge, effort for 1st step will be more than 2nd step because in the 1st step business must not stop using the system and the time which can be used for this step must be in less time.

If you have any details please inform.
Thanks
Hisham