Upgrading form6i and report6i to 11g/12c?

There are many available reports in Oracle Apps so you can discuss the requirements related to these reports here.
admin

Upgrading form6i and report6i to 11g/12c?

Post by admin »

It is always recommended to upgrade to the latest version of any product while Oracle Developer 6i is already obsolete by Oracle and de-supported. Few companies due to different factors can't upgrade so here we will share to stay with 6i and connect to 12c and higher versions or how to upgrade.

Parameters and Character Set Settings

Code: Select all

SYSTEM@mydb> show parameter SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGON

NAME                                               TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
sec_case_sensitive_logon       boolean   TRUE

SYSTEM@mydb> alter system set sec_case_sensitive_logon=false scope=both;

SQL> select * from v$nls_parameters where parameter like '%CHARACTERSET%';

PARAMETER                                                        VALUE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
NLS_CHARACTERSET                                                 AL32UTF8                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET                                           AL16UTF16    

1. connect as sysdba using SYSTEM, not SYS.
Run the following command sequentially.
SQL>CONN SYSTEM/MANAGER AS SYSDBA

2. Shutdown the database if running:
SQL>SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

3. Start the database in restrict mode:
SQL>STARTUP RESTRICT

4. Change the database character set to UTF8 as follows:
SQL>ALTER DATABASE CHARACTER SET INTERNAL_USE UTF8;

5. Shutdown the database:
SQL>SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

6. At last, start the database in normal mode:
SQL>STARTUP