I cant start the application

All the discussion which is not possible in the above forums should be posted here.
malahmad

I cant start the application

Post by malahmad »

friends,

i configure 4 pc all work fine and connect but 2 machine not working with the link i try to download the initiator but still the same problem what i have to do to connect to the application icon ping the server please[:(!]
malahmad

Post by malahmad »

friends any body i need help plz
malahmad

Post by malahmad »

friends

i solve it ceck first that the if you can ping after that try the link with the ip so if it work so you have to add the server name in the host files in windows---------system32--------drivers-------etc------ost if not workig you have to reset the IE regards....
yemfola

Post by yemfola »

Hi

Do you mean, you install the application on the server and connect to the server from three other clients pc? If yes,
Please could you tell me what I need to do. I have pc apps on window xp but I need to access it or connect from other pc in my house. All my pcs are networked with wireless router.

Thanks
yemfola
admin

Post by admin »

Open the hosts file from the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc folder and
provide the ip and url of your application and it is covered in the apps admin document. When you don't have DHCP then you use host file to resolve the URL with IP. After saving the host file ping the URL like vision.erpstuff.com and if it will return correct IP then you will be able to connect.

thanks
yemfola

Post by yemfola »

I have save my Ip address and url name in my host file in my pc, I am using it well but what do I need to do with the client machines. The IP address and url name were local ones generated by me. Does this have any effect? The problems is my clients.
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Clients are on LAN, WAN or Internet? The provided solution is for LAN and WAN while for Internet you need a dynamic IP. thanks