Help me to install & uninstall Oracle ADI

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
lukman

Help me to install & uninstall Oracle ADI

Post by lukman »

Hello,

I hope I didn't put this in the wrong forum.

I tried to install Oracle ADI because my financial functional friend told me that they need it to experiment. The computer she's using have been installed for Oracle Reports and Form.

When I tried to install Oracle ADI, I can't change the name and directory for the Oracle Home. I tried to uninstall all with Oracle Installer but something still remain uninstalled. How to uninstall all the Oracle product so that I get the system free from it and how to change the name and directory for Oracle Home if the computer has been installed previously for another Oracle's product? Thanks for the answer.
lukman

Post by lukman »

Ok so here's what I did to uninstall Oracle ADI, so far it worked and permit me to re-install:

1. Start Oracle Universal Installer
2. Remove all installation that can be uninstalled.
3. Restart the machine in safe mode
4. Delete all the previous installation folders
5. Start regedit
6. Search and delete all oracle products
7. Restart the machine in normal condition.

BTW, I found out article in metalink link (DOC ID: 143625.1) about how to uninstall Oracle ADI.

don't know what will happen in the future but so far so good. If any of you have suggestion please let me know. Thx.
Rizwan.Cheema

Post by Rizwan.Cheema »

Hi,

Have you removed the environment vriables.
Please try the same activity in the normal mode.

Thanks and Regards
Rizwan Ahmad Cheema
admin

Post by admin »

First of all thanks for sharing information with all of us and your findings.

Secondly if you already have oracle home(s) then no problem and during ADI installation change the name of Oracle home and on editing the Oracle home you will be able to change the home folder so change it. There is no need to uninstall any software for ADI installation.

Thanks
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi,

What do mean by "the environment variables" ?
[quote]Hi,

Have you removed the environment vriables.
Please try the same activity in the normal mode.

Thanks and Regards
Rizwan Ahmad Cheema

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Rizwan
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hello all,

I followed ADI installation in the documentation I got from this forum and I got TNS error which said cannot resolve service name.

I already setup my tnsnames.ora in /net80/admin/ folder and it looks like this :

test =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = 192.168.10.8)
(Port = 1521)
)
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = VIS)
)
)

I installed ADI 7.2 in my Windows XP machine, connect to E-Biz 11.5.10.2 and using operations/welcome as the username/password in ADI. So far with those tnsnames.ora I can connect to database using TOAD. How to resolve the problem? Do we need to run ADI Diagnostic Wizard first? thanks.
lukman

Post by lukman »

I ran ADI Diagnostics Wizard and I got these errors :

* In Verify environment:

<i>Problems encountered.

1. Some components of this product are either not installed or $ORACLE_HOME\BIN is not in your path.

See the results in Step 4 for the specific files. Make sure the specific files are installed and ensure that $ORACLE_HOME\bin is in your system path (in Control Panel - System).</i>

I already checked my environment and it already had c:\orant\bin. Why it still error?

* In Confirm Files

<i>Problems encountered.

1. The following file(s) were not found :
o SSDATB32.OCX

Replace the above files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 with the corresponding files in C:\orant\GLDI90\SUPPORT using the instructions in the description above.</i>

There's no SSDATB32.OCX in either C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 or C:\orant\GLDI90\SUPPORT

I already tried to install ADI in 3 different computers but still got the same errors.
admin

Post by admin »

Use SQL Net Easy configuration to create a connecting string if you can't modify tnsnames.ora directly. This is connection issue not of ADI. Thanks
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hello,

Somehow the ADI installation works when I installed in my computer. Strange
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi,

I installed ADI in 2 computers:

1. Desktop without any prior oracle installation
First I tried to edit myself the tnsnames.ora in net80/admin but still error then I tried to use SQL Net Easy Configuration. SQL Net just created tnsnames.ora in /network/admin and when I looked at the files it add .world in my connection string and same address connection but to a different port (1526). Tnsping resulted ok. Windows firewall already off but still same error.

2. Laptop with form & reports developer 6i & workflow builder.
I edited myself using notepad the tnsnames.ora in net80/admin and no tnsnames.ora file in network/admin. The only thing in tnsnames.ora was a connection to apps using port 1521. When I used tnsping the result was TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name but ADI can connect to database.
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi,

If you read my previous messages before, I already told that I'd installed ADI in my laptop and another desktop. ADI in my laptop worked fine but not in my desktop.

Now, I carefully read thourough about ADI Installation Guide in my laptop last night and I found out that if we get "invalid username/password" error then we must install patch 1779336. So I intend to install the patch today but before I do that I removed all oracle files and registry from my desktop (enter safe mode and delete anything about oracle) after that then I re-install ADI again.

Now the funny things :
1. I ran ADI Diagnostics Wizard and this time I got no error. 1st time installation in my desktop I got 2 errors, with environment settings (the wizard said that maybe ORACLE_HOME/bin was not in my path where actually it already there) and confirm files (the wizard said SSDATB32.OCX file in \windows\system32 is not the same version or bad and I must copy the file from ORACLE_HOME\GLDI90\support directory but when I checked in both directory, the file wasn't there). When I apply patch 5753203 and 5580549 and re-run the Diagnostics Wizard, the environment error was solved but confirm files error changed to file ORADC.OCX and not SSDATB32.OCX anymore. Again I checked both directory and the file wasn't present.

2. After ran ADI Diagnostics Wizard I ran SQL Net Easy Configuration and let it create Database connection to my Oracle E-Business Suite then exit. Open command prompt and try tnsping to my connection string which resulted ok but tnsping80 error. I then compared tnsnames.ora ans sqlnet.ora in \net80\admin and \network\admin. sqlnet.ora is the same in both directory but tnsnames.ora in \network\admin had connection string that I setup using SQL Net Easy Configuration while the tnsnames.ora in \net80\admin didn't.

3. I start ADI, setup GWYUID, FNDNAM, connect string and Server ID, save it then connect using operations/welcome as username/password. Got error ORA-12154:TNS : could not resolve service name.

4. I copied tnsnames.ora from \network\admin to \net80\admin then restart ADI still using operations\welcome as the username\password and voila .... amazingly ADI ran successfully.

Now, I'm about to install ADI in another desktop, hope nothing happened again :P Still, I don't know what caused the problem.
lukman

Post by lukman »

Ok so I'd installed ADI in another desktop and when I run DiagWiz I got error the same as in my laptop.

I just run SQL Net Easy configuration, copy tnsnames.ora from \network\admin to net80\admin and setup ADI after that I can connect though the error still there
amirtai

Post by amirtai »

Hi

Instead of using Net Configuration Assistant for each instalation, you could have copied over same TNSNAMES.ora to all machines in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory.

Have fun.

Thanks
Amir
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi,

don't know why but in my case unfortunately, that's not worked.

[quote]Hi

Instead of using Net Configuration Assistant for each instalation, you could have copied over same TNSNAMES.ora to all machines in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory.

Have fun.

Thanks
Amir

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by amirtai
amirtai

Post by amirtai »

Hi

As long as you can ping to your DB server from client machine, you can copy TNSNAMES.ora file from other client machine connected to the same DB Server. Make sure you check following points.

The search order is:

1. TNS_ADMIN (Check this variable may be pointing to other location)

2. The Global Configuration Directory (e.g. /etc or /var/opt/oracle) 3. =
Then
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin

Thanks
Amir