Multi Operating Unit Invoice matching..

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rajib.banerjee

Multi Operating Unit Invoice matching..

Post by rajib.banerjee »

I have two Operating Units namely OU1 and OU2. Invoice is created in OU 1 but the payment is collected in OU 2 and is deposited in the Bank account of OU 2. But from OU 2 the Invoice created in OU 1 is not visible and so cannot be matched. Please suggest how to resolve this issue so that this matching is possible...[?]
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

No one has replied yet...I require help from the forum..
venkatram67

Post by venkatram67 »

whether both operating units are using the same set of books?? because different operating units may use different set of books ??
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

since the 3 C are not different so we have not made any different SOB..Its the single SOB for all the OUs.
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

I have not yet received any reply for my query...
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi Rajib

This is not possible till. 11.5.10.2. You can do some sort of Customization where in Populate the Invoice and Payment into some Temporary Interface table and apply the Payment to an Invoice. But this is not recommended

Your requirement can be met in R12 using MOAC (Multi Org Access Control).

Regards
Sivakumar
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Hi! Sivakumar,
thanks for your reply..but can you give me some workaround for this problem?
yas

Post by yas »

I am also facing same problem in Payable and Receivable, i raised a SR to resolve this problem and i received following updated by Oracle Corp. I have a work-around to resolve this issue, both OUs add data entry responsibility (Operating profile should be changed and security rule should be used for restricting user access) in their User e.g. OU1's user add OU2's responsibility just for updating the data and OU2's user add OU1 responsibility just for updating the data.

waiting for valuable feedback

regards

yas

QUESTION
=========
How can i handle Prepayment paid by OU1 on behalf on OU2.
How OU2 user can know if any prepayment made by OU1 on behalf of OU2. and what will be the solution?

ANSWER
======
One of the key functional points of Multi-Org in Release 11i is that
each operating unit's transaction data is separate and secure.

Hence, the scenario you are describing is not possible within this release of Oracle Applications.

However In Release 12 a new feature is available which :-

You can assign operating units to a security profile and then assign the security profile to responsibilities or users. If multiple operating units are assigned to the security profile, then a user can access data for multiple operating units from a single responsibility. This ensures that users can only access, process, and report on data for the operating units they have access to. You can limit users to information relevant to their organization. For example, you can limit accounts payables clerks to enter invoices
associated exclusively with their operating unit.

Hence, the scenario you describe is only available in Release 12 of Oracle Apps

Regards

Chris